Read this first!

We do not monitor these forums. The forum is provided to exchange information and experience with other users ONLY. Forum responses are not guaranteed.

However, please submit a ticket if you have an active subscription and wish to receive support. Our ticketing system is the only way of getting in touch with RSJoomla! and receiving the official RSJoomla! Customer Support.

For more information, the Support Policy is located here.

Thank you!

TOPIC: Calendar in other language

Calendar in other language 16 years 11 months ago #429

Cheers.
I just can see the calendar in english, and it is so hard for some visitors.
Can i change the language? (Portuguese).
Im not coder :/... but id like to try make it.

Thanks for this great component! :)
The administrator has disabled public write access.

Re:Calendar in other language 16 years 11 months ago #441

• alex
  • RSJoomla! Official Staff
  • Thank you received: 3
The calendar comes with the joomla package and from what i noticed it by default includes en language. Try search for joomla prtuguese calendar see if you find something on the web. Let me know please.

Re:Calendar in other language 16 years 11 months ago #579

• macchi
  • Fresh Boarder
I had a similar issue with the calendar since we use Swedish. Here are some hints:

1) There are two DIFFERENT calendar packages that have to be translated on the basic Joomla 1.012. The first is provided for backward compatibility purposes. Its easy to translate both since they are small files. Start by looking for:
1a) /includes/js/calendar/lang/calendar-en.js
1b) /includes/js/jscalendar-1.0/lang/calendar-es.js
Create two new language files called for instance calendar-pt.js
Remember to change the date formatting strings to something suitable for your language.

2) Furthermore, you have to change a hardcoded reference to the (1a) language file in the file /includes/joomla.php approx at line 5459. Change it, for instance, to calendar-pt.js

Cheers,
/Macchi

REMARKS:
i)forme SEEMS TO BE USING THE OLD CALENDAR PACKAGE in Joomla 1.012 instead of the latest jscalendar-1.0. Both packages are still included in Joomla Beta 1.5.
ii) I have a a preliminary version of the Swedish calendar files, but still have minor issues with date formating.
iii) This is not a definitive solution but it works. Now I don't have the time to describe all details.

Read this first!

We do not monitor these forums. The forum is provided to exchange information and experience with other users ONLY. Forum responses are not guaranteed.

However, please submit a ticket if you have an active subscription and wish to receive support. Our ticketing system is the only way of getting in touch with RSJoomla! and receiving the official RSJoomla! Customer Support.

For more information, the Support Policy is located here.

Thank you!