Read this first!

We do not monitor these forums. The forum is provided to exchange information and experience with other users ONLY. Forum responses are not guaranteed.

However, please submit a ticket if you have an active subscription and wish to receive support. Our ticketing system is the only way of getting in touch with RSJoomla! and receiving the official RSJoomla! Customer Support.

For more information, the Support Policy is located here.

Thank you!

TOPIC: Advance Survey Matrix Form

Advance Survey Matrix Form 15 years 8 months ago #4166

Hi,

i need to create typical matrix questions that goes like \"choose your level of satisfaction of that product from 1 to 5\".

The problem is that i want a block of products that will be listed in the same question as bellow.

Ex.: (\"*\" are radio buttons)

1 2 3 4 5

Oil * * * * *
Batteries * * * * *
PC * * * * *
Glasses * * * * *
Mug * * * * *
Radio * * * * *

Thanks,
A.
The administrator has disabled public write access.

Re:Advance Survey Matrix Form 15 years 8 months ago #4177

You can do that by creating five sets of radiobuttons with the same name, and then modifying the Field Style content for each field to provide the HTML needed to construct a single HTML table with the layout you want. It's probably easiest if you first write the code you want in a scratch file (using an HTML editor or writing by hand), and then copy the pieces surrounding each <input> tag into the corresponding Field Style spot in RSForm.

For example, the Field Styles might look something like this (simplified to three levels and two items). I didn't test this code, but hopefully even if I made mistakes, you'll get the idea.

Radiobutton \"Oil\":
&lt;table border=1 cellspacing=0 cellpadding=3&gt;
&lt;th&gt;&lt;td&gt; &lt;/td&gt;&lt;td&gt;1&lt;/td&gt;&lt;td&gt;2&lt;/td&gt;&lt;td&gt;3&lt;/td&gt;&lt;/th&gt;
&lt;tr&gt;&lt;td&gt;{fieldtitle}&lt;/td&gt;&lt;td&gt;{field}&lt;/td&gt;
Radiobutton \"Oil\":
&lt;td&gt;{field}&lt;/td&gt;
Radiobutton \"Oil\":
&lt;td&gt;{field}&lt;/td&gt;&lt;/tr&gt;
Radiobutton \"Batteries\":
&lt;tr&gt;&lt;td&gt;{fieldtitle}&lt;/td&gt;&lt;td&gt;{field}&lt;/td&gt;
&lt;td&gt;{field}&lt;/td&gt;
&lt;td&gt;{field}&lt;/td&gt;&lt;/tr&gt;&lt;/table&gt;
Does that give you the idea? Don't be afraid to scrap most of the content that appears by default in the Field Style - as long as you have \"{field}\" and some HTML to lay it out the way you want, it will work.

Re:Advance Survey Matrix Form 10 years 11 months ago #22912

• admin89
  • Fresh Boarder
Hi

Thanks for this post! I have a similar question about matrixes...

For a quote request form with a product matrix I need sth like

QUANTITYUNIT (kilos, tons...)PRODUCT NAME
text input fielddropdown fieldhtml text

any tips how to realize this wihtout pain? is there already a post about this (I didn't find)?

thanks

Read this first!

We do not monitor these forums. The forum is provided to exchange information and experience with other users ONLY. Forum responses are not guaranteed.

However, please submit a ticket if you have an active subscription and wish to receive support. Our ticketing system is the only way of getting in touch with RSJoomla! and receiving the official RSJoomla! Customer Support.

For more information, the Support Policy is located here.

Thank you!