Read this first!

We do not monitor these forums. The forum is provided to exchange information and experience with other users ONLY. Forum responses are not guaranteed.

However, please submit a ticket if you have an active subscription and wish to receive support. Our ticketing system is the only way of getting in touch with RSJoomla! and receiving the official RSJoomla! Customer Support.

For more information, the Support Policy is located here.

Thank you!

TOPIC: IP address

IP address 15 years 9 months ago #3747

• ashley.barnard
  • Junior Boarder
  • Thank you received: 2
How do i get the users ip address sent in the emails you claim to have ip tracking in the form but i have no idea where this is. And also it looks like your captcha code has been compromised as i am receiving loads of spam through the contact form now, which looks like it is automatic.
The administrator has disabled public write access.

Re:IP address 15 years 9 months ago #3791

In the email message: {global:userip}
(about global place holders here: www.rsjoomla.com/index.php/rsformpro.emails/Emails.html)

It seems that many captchas have been compromised (machines are getting very good at getting past them). I've had to resort to previewing and approving all comments, guestbook entries and membership accounts - time consuming, but keeps spammers off a family site.

Post edited by: travis.lumpkin, at: 2008/07/20 10:42<br><br>Post edited by: travis.lumpkin, at: 2008/07/20 12:00

Re:IP address 12 years 9 months ago #14382

• hope
  • Fresh Boarder
Greetings! I have used other commenting extensions. The last one resulted in a terms of service violation because spam emails were generated, even though I used a captcha form. My client's outgoing email was totally disabled for a while! Have you run into any problems like this? I'd love to offer commenting to my clients but I'm a little gun-shy.
thanks,
Hope
Last Edit: 12 years 9 months ago by hope.

Read this first!

We do not monitor these forums. The forum is provided to exchange information and experience with other users ONLY. Forum responses are not guaranteed.

However, please submit a ticket if you have an active subscription and wish to receive support. Our ticketing system is the only way of getting in touch with RSJoomla! and receiving the official RSJoomla! Customer Support.

For more information, the Support Policy is located here.

Thank you!