Read this first!

We do not monitor these forums. The forum is provided to exchange information and experience with other users ONLY. Forum responses are not guaranteed.

However, please submit a ticket if you have an active subscription and wish to receive support. Our ticketing system is the only way of getting in touch with RSJoomla! and receiving the official RSJoomla! Customer Support.

For more information, the Support Policy is located here.

Thank you!

TOPIC: Get the calendat to display in your language

Get the calendat to display in your language 16 years 11 months ago #341

Hi, I know your component now for two days, never been so exited about a Joomla component. It really rocks! This is what I have in phpwcms and missed in Joomla! It should be in the top ten!
The calendar is a neet gadget but how can I get to have it display in Dutch?

Jeroen:woohoo:
The administrator has disabled public write access.

Re:Get the calendat to display in your language 16 years 11 months ago #347

• alex
  • RSJoomla! Official Staff
  • Thank you received: 3
Hm, the calendar is part of the core Joomla package. I thought that when you install joomla in Dutch, the calendar should also be Dutch. Seems it's not right?

Re:Get the calendat to display in your language 16 years 11 months ago #360

• macchi
  • Fresh Boarder
I have a correct Joomla installation in Swedish (works with other packages) but my forme calendar appears in English. This is one of the issues that I have to solve for obtaining a complete Swedish translation/localization of forme.

I would be thankful for a solution or hints on how to solve it.

Re:Get the calendat to display in your language 16 years 11 months ago #365

Hi Macchi, If you go to other parts in Joomla, say \"news\" you will see that the calender that is used is the same and in English. I would like to know how to change this but Locale is all on nl AND nl_NL so my site is completely in Dutch and the date above the news articles appears in Dutch , no problem but the Calender... that's another story I guess.

Jeroen

Re:Get the calendat to display in your language 16 years 11 months ago #367

• macchi
  • Fresh Boarder
I noticed that I will have to dig deeper to find a solution. The Calendar is a core function for Joomla, actually a javascript either at /includes/js/jscalendar-1.0/ or /includes/js/calendar/. I see that only the english language files are present.

I did not have time yet to google it nor look at the code but there must be a way to do it and lets hope that someone else did it before.

By the way:
Do you use week numbers in the Netherlands?
Is Monday the first day of the week?

These are the cases here in Sewden. I fear that this may imply in extra calculations and layout changes in the javascripts. Unfortunately it is not only a matter of translating days and months along with a presentation of the date in a different way.

If anyone knows about the details please let us know.
Ciao,
/Macchi

Re:Get the calendat to display in your language 16 years 11 months ago #371

I consulted my agenda for that. For example week 2 of this year started Sunday the 7th I see every week starts on Sunday.

I didn't know that.
Jeroen:dry:

Read this first!

We do not monitor these forums. The forum is provided to exchange information and experience with other users ONLY. Forum responses are not guaranteed.

However, please submit a ticket if you have an active subscription and wish to receive support. Our ticketing system is the only way of getting in touch with RSJoomla! and receiving the official RSJoomla! Customer Support.

For more information, the Support Policy is located here.

Thank you!