Read this first!

We do not monitor these forums. The forum is provided to exchange information and experience with other users ONLY. Forum responses are not guaranteed.

However, please submit a ticket if you have an active subscription and wish to receive support. Our ticketing system is the only way of getting in touch with RSJoomla! and receiving the official RSJoomla! Customer Support.

For more information, the Support Policy is located here.

Thank you!

TOPIC: Internet Explorer cannot open the Internet site...

Internet Explorer cannot open the Internet site... 15 years 10 months ago #3129

I am hoping someone has seen this problem before...

When I select my form from the mainmenu on any page, occasionally (not all the time), I get this error:

Then, when I click [OK] I go to a blank IE page that says, \"Internet Exlporer cannot display the webpage\"

:unsure: Oddly, if I click REFRESH somewhere between 1, 2, or 3 times - the form will appear AND function without error.

So, the link is correct, it just will not load everytime in IE7.

The entire thing works perfectly in Firefox. (I know, I know: stop using IE! Sorry - that's beyond my control!)

Any help would be appreciated. I have to believe someone has seen this before.

With thanks,

John

Post edited by: john.c.webb, at: 2008/05/31 22:50

Post edited by: john.c.webb, at: 2008/05/31 22:52<br><br>Post edited by: john.c.webb, at: 2008/05/31 22:53
Attachments:
The administrator has disabled public write access.

Re:Internet Explorer cannot open the Internet site 15 years 10 months ago #3143

<br><br>Post edited by: lauri.hamalainen, at: 2008/06/02 16:21

Re:Internet Explorer cannot open the Internet site 15 years 10 months ago #3144

I had the similar problem with joomla 1.5 when site was offline and password protected. When i opened it to the public, everything worked out fine. Safari / Fox worked all the time, still more than 50 percent of visitors use IE (www.kontrolli.fi, finnish security magazine).

Re:Internet Explorer cannot open the Internet site 15 years 10 months ago #3176

I have the some problem, how can I solve the problem?

Re:Internet Explorer cannot open the Internet site 15 years 10 months ago #3191

I haven't seen a solution yet. :(

Unlike lauri who posted that she only sees it on password protected or offline sites, I see it on my live site.

My only mod is that I installed lightbox feature for my images. Other than that, it's generic 1.5.3 - out of the box!

If anyone fixes this for me, I will post the fix here.

It has me stumped!

Thanks,

John

Re:Internet Explorer cannot open the Internet site 15 years 10 months ago #3202

I have the problem with IE (all versions) don't have with firefox, opera and safari! But offcourse is bad to \"business\" the error in IE!!!

The error is displayed if the site in on-line or off-line!

I don't know it can be solved!

Re:Internet Explorer cannot open the Internet site... 15 years 9 months ago #3437

What a long RSForm day this was!

Upgrade killed my frontend site and had to uninstall, reinstall, and recreate my form. Ugh!

I only did the upgrade because Captcha stopped working for no reason (won't create an image).

ONE GOOD NEWS - this problem and the error shown above does not occur when I remove the calendar and/or Captcha. Not sure which is the problem, but one or both of them definitely is.

Anyone else having any luck with this error?

John

Re:Internet Explorer cannot open the Internet site... 15 years 9 months ago #3775

I confirm, the problem is caused by calendar and captcha

Re:Internet Explorer cannot open the Internet site... 15 years 8 months ago #4113

It is the calendar, on joomla 1.15 it works fine, but not on jooomla 1.5

Re:Internet Explorer cannot open the Internet site... 15 years 5 months ago #5290

• glopez
  • Fresh Boarder
I am having the same problem and I don't have either one of those plugins/modules running. I was going to buy another license, however since it sounds like it's not compatible with J1.5.

Re:Internet Explorer cannot open the Internet site... 15 years 5 months ago #5291

• glopez
  • Fresh Boarder
OK, I eat my words. I was thinking of a third party calendar module. Not the actual calendar within the form. I turned it off and the form works perfectly. I turned on Captcha and it seems to work fine with that on.

So, not having a calendar isn't a deal breaker. Since I love this form tool. Purchasing license in the morning.

One comment though. If it can be fixed to work with calendar some day that would be cool!

Re:Internet Explorer cannot open the Internet site... 15 years 5 months ago #5306

• octavian
  • NOW ONLINE
  • RSJoomla! Official Staff
  • Thank you received: 110
Hello,

This is a known bug generated by Internet Explorer 6 only. The main issue is the calendar's javascript. We've fixed this in the latest revision, but some isolated cases still remain (since IE6 has ended its development cycle, every case is solved differently).
If you want to understand more why this error is produced, you can check out this blog post:

aralbalkan.com/912
Please note: my help is not official customer support. To receive your support, submit a ticket by clicking here
Regards,
RSJoomla! Development Team

Re:Internet Explorer cannot open the Internet site... 15 years 5 months ago #5395

I am using IE7 and having this problem.

Re:Internet Explorer cannot open the Internet site... 15 years 5 months ago #5404

• alexp
  • RSJoomla! Official Staff
  • Thank you received: 180
Please update to the latest revision of RSform!Pro - revision 19.
Please note: my help is not official customer support. To receive your support, submit a ticket by clicking here
Regards,
RSJoomla! Development Team

Re:Internet Explorer cannot open the Internet site... 14 years 6 months ago #8588

• gavjof
  • Fresh Boarder
We're running RSform!Pro 1.2.0 rev 25 and we still get the error in IE7 on Windows Vista. XP seems fine for some reason.

Definitely something to do with the reCaptcha, as there are topics for other components that also feature this problem.

social.msdn.microsoft.com/Forums/en-US/i...a0-9521-c805660921f8

Re:Internet Explorer cannot open the Internet site... 14 years 5 months ago #8961

• ejdarling
  • Fresh Boarder
  • Thank you received: 1
This is happening to me now - using the most recent component: 1.2.0 rev 27.

The calendar is the culprit. Any way to enter the defer="defer" fix somewhere in the code?

Read this first!

We do not monitor these forums. The forum is provided to exchange information and experience with other users ONLY. Forum responses are not guaranteed.

However, please submit a ticket if you have an active subscription and wish to receive support. Our ticketing system is the only way of getting in touch with RSJoomla! and receiving the official RSJoomla! Customer Support.

For more information, the Support Policy is located here.

Thank you!