Read this first!

We do not monitor these forums. The forum is provided to exchange information and experience with other users ONLY. Forum responses are not guaranteed.

However, please submit a ticket if you have an active subscription and wish to receive support. Our ticketing system is the only way of getting in touch with RSJoomla! and receiving the official RSJoomla! Customer Support.

For more information, the Support Policy is located here.

Thank you!

TOPIC: Image button not showing up.

Image button not showing up. 15 years 11 months ago #3090

• barrett
  • Fresh Boarder
RSForms Pro looks really promising, but ....

I created an image button with RSPro (the \"try me\" version).

However, when I click \"Preview\", all I see is the title of the image and \"submit\", but no image and the message that I should be purchasing a license.\" (yup, once it works...). I'm not sure why I see \"submit\" except that perhaps this is the default behavior when the image doesn't show up.

Also, I can't seem to find any example of how I'd actually link a form, once created and after it's \"previewable\" to an actual form I could call from a menu option.

I want to be able to have a form with clickable images, that, when you click on an image, it takes you to another form where you'd have checkboxes and such. Ultimately, items would be added to a shopping cart.

Where are the examples demonstrating basic use of the product -- actually building some example forms? (This is a commercial product)

The \"documentation\" I've found so far is only high-level text on what goes into the fields with no examples even there.

A few actual form examples would be helpful.

Look forward to anyone's response or suggestions.

Thanks.

B<br><br>Post edited by: barrett, at: 2008/05/28 12:13
The administrator has disabled public write access.

Re:Image button not showing up. 15 years 11 months ago #3091

• barrett
  • Fresh Boarder
I think part of the problem I'm having is that it's not clear what path I should use to the actual image. It would be *extremely* helpful if there were a \"browse\" button to select the image.

Otherwise, assuming this is the problem, I have to \"know\" where RSForms expects to find the images and enter just the right path.

Can someone elaborate on how to set the path to the image.

And, also, once the form is working, how do I set it up so it's called from a menu item?

Thanks in advance.

B<br><br>Post edited by: barrett, at: 2008/05/28 12:11

Re:Image button not showing up. 15 years 10 months ago #3695

• cJoseph
  • Fresh Boarder
Hi Barret,
Have you able to find a solution for this? I my self am curious on how to actually attaching custom image button into the form.

If you have/found a solution would be nice if you can post it here.

Thanks.

Re:Image button not showing up. 15 years 10 months ago #3701

• barrett
  • Fresh Boarder
Nope.

Due to the fact I could get no support on how to do basic form building, I abandoned Joomla! altogether for the project I was hoping to use it on. I was bummed by this lack of support or help. (No books, no responses, no documentation, ....).

Perhaps nobody's really using forms in Joomla!

Indeed most of the Joomla! sites I see are just basic (though nice looking) publishing sites.

I briefly looked into one of the other popular forms package, but it would have required learning PHP, so it was easier to use Dreamweaver and create HTML forms for the project.

Joomla! will have to wait until the documentation catches up or until I have a simpler project.

:(

- B

Re: Image button not showing up. 12 years 8 months ago #14698

• TechGuy1
  • Fresh Boarder
Yes support for this component blows

Read this first!

We do not monitor these forums. The forum is provided to exchange information and experience with other users ONLY. Forum responses are not guaranteed.

However, please submit a ticket if you have an active subscription and wish to receive support. Our ticketing system is the only way of getting in touch with RSJoomla! and receiving the official RSJoomla! Customer Support.

For more information, the Support Policy is located here.

Thank you!