Read this first!

We do not monitor these forums. The forum is provided to exchange information and experience with other users ONLY. Forum responses are not guaranteed.

However, please submit a ticket if you have an active subscription and wish to receive support. Our ticketing system is the only way of getting in touch with RSJoomla! and receiving the official RSJoomla! Customer Support.

For more information, the Support Policy is located here.

Thank you!

TOPIC: How to track image uploaded in the email?

How to track image uploaded in the email? 16 years 11 months ago #302

Hi

I have a \"file upload\" field and is expecting jpeg format files. File can be successfully uploaded in the \"upload\" folder. However the file name is changed when residing in the server folder. I tested uploading the file filename.jpeg but the file name that i see in the \"upload\" folder is something like 9999811564646e16eee1f35.32835748.jpg. How do i decode this file name?

Also i added {Image} where Image is my fild ID of the file upload field. However i am unsuccessful to see what file is uploaded in my automated email...Is there anything i am missing? How do track what file is uploaded through the form in the automated email?

Please help
The administrator has disabled public write access.

Re:How to track image uploaded in the email? 16 years 11 months ago #334

• alex
  • RSJoomla! Official Staff
  • Thank you received: 3
Try adding this line to your e-mail text:

The image i uploaded is:
www.mywebsite.com/components/com_forme/uploads/{Image}

This will create a link to the image that was just uploaded. The reason a file is being renamed is because if 2 persons upload \"picture.jpg\" it gets overwritten.

Let me know if it works for you.

Re:How to track image uploaded in the email? 16 years 11 months ago #528

• pouipoui
  • Fresh Boarder
Hello,

I have tried that method and thus have used the code given, replacing of course the domain name by mine and {Image} by {resume} (the name of my file upload field) BUT when I receive the mail the link still finishes with {resume} :
www.mywebsite.com/components/com_forme/upload/{resume}

Every other field is rendered fine, and the file *is* uploaded, so I really don't know what to do ??
(Having to log-in to the back-office is a real problem in my case as it will be my client, who has pretty much no rights in the BO, who will receive the mails, not me (super admin)...)

Also, if I make the {resume} file upload field \"mandatory\", I get a JS alert saying the field is mandatory and then I get back to the (empty, *sigh*) form... ?
The file upload works fine when the field isn't mandatory...

Could this be related to the first issue ?

WHAT am I missing here ??

Thanks in advance for your help, this component is great, it's exactly what I was looking for !!
Marie (from France)

Re:How to track image uploaded in the email? 16 years 11 months ago #543

• alex
I just discovered this is a bug. You are right. I will take care of it and will be ready on 1.0.3(release:this weekend).

Re:How to track image uploaded in the email? 16 years 11 months ago #545

• pouipoui
  • Fresh Boarder
Thanks Alex for the quick reply !

Do you have any idea on my \"link to uploaded document not working\" issue ?

Thanks again, \"bon courage\" !
Marie

Re:How to track image uploaded in the email? 16 years 11 months ago #550

• alex
Could you post a link to the thread here? i cannot find it myself :|

Re:How to track image uploaded in the email? 16 years 11 months ago #551

• pouipoui
  • Fresh Boarder
Well, actually it's this thread :)

The original topic was \"how to get a link to the uploaded file in the thank you email\", right?, and you gave a solution, but it doesn't seem to work for me, although I have a no idea as to why (see my original post higher up on this page)?!

I then raised the \"mandatory file upload\" bug issue but my first problem was with the \"link to the uploaded file\" thing...

Thanks again, keep up the great work !!
Marie

Read this first!

We do not monitor these forums. The forum is provided to exchange information and experience with other users ONLY. Forum responses are not guaranteed.

However, please submit a ticket if you have an active subscription and wish to receive support. Our ticketing system is the only way of getting in touch with RSJoomla! and receiving the official RSJoomla! Customer Support.

For more information, the Support Policy is located here.

Thank you!