Read this first!

We do not monitor these forums. The forum is provided to exchange information and experience with other users ONLY. Forum responses are not guaranteed.

However, please submit a ticket if you have an active subscription and wish to receive support. Our ticketing system is the only way of getting in touch with RSJoomla! and receiving the official RSJoomla! Customer Support.

For more information, the Support Policy is located here.

Thank you!

TOPIC: File upload - mandatory field

File upload - mandatory field 16 years 11 months ago #300

• jake46a
  • Fresh Boarder
I love your product alot, best and easiest one I have seen so far. I have set up a form with file upload. The problem is when the form is filled out and no file is entered to be uploaded I get an error, \"This file format is not allowed for upload.\" I have validation for this filed set to none and in the file types i have: <<image/jpeg,image/pjpeg,image/gif>>

I want the file upload to be optional. Can this be done.
The administrator has disabled public write access.

Re:File upload - mandatory field 16 years 11 months ago #326

• alex
  • RSJoomla! Official Staff
  • Thank you received: 3
Thanks! I added the bug to the bug tracker.

Re:File upload - mandatory field 16 years 11 months ago #769

I have the same problem :unsure: with Forme 1.0.2.: \"This file format is not alowed for upload\" when this format is accepted and validated in administration.

There is solution for this bug yet?

Thank you very much.

Re:File upload - mandatory field 16 years 11 months ago #770

yep , same here. it works for .jpg, .gif but does not accept .zip or .gz but that in the list in the back as per the given mimitype list.

thank you very much

Re:File upload - mandatory field 16 years 11 months ago #802

Any solution about this important bug?

Thx very much.

Re:File upload - mandatory field 16 years 11 months ago #808

• alex
  • RSJoomla! Official Staff
  • Thank you received: 3
Hello,

this issue has been fixed in 1.0.3 from what i remember. If the field is not mandatory, and no mime type is added, the file gets accepted.

Read this first!

We do not monitor these forums. The forum is provided to exchange information and experience with other users ONLY. Forum responses are not guaranteed.

However, please submit a ticket if you have an active subscription and wish to receive support. Our ticketing system is the only way of getting in touch with RSJoomla! and receiving the official RSJoomla! Customer Support.

For more information, the Support Policy is located here.

Thank you!