Read this first!

We do not monitor these forums. The forum is provided to exchange information and experience with other users ONLY. Forum responses are not guaranteed.

However, please submit a ticket if you have an active subscription and wish to receive support. Our ticketing system is the only way of getting in touch with RSJoomla! and receiving the official RSJoomla! Customer Support.

For more information, the Support Policy is located here.

Thank you!

TOPIC: Pre-text

Pre-text 16 years 11 months ago #273

• mehd36
  • Fresh Boarder
Hello (I'm French),

What do you think about adding a pre-text for introducing and explain the form (with a wysiwyg editor and html...) ?

Thank you
The administrator has disabled public write access.

Re:Pre-text 16 years 11 months ago #276

• alex
  • RSJoomla! Official Staff
  • Thank you received: 3
It was used in the very first version, but people requested full customization, so i added the form style field that looks like this
<div align=\"left\" style=\"width:100%\" class=\"componentheading\">{formtitle}</div>
<form name=\"{formname}\" id=\"{formname}\" method=\"post\" action=\"{action}\" {enctype} onsubmit=\"return ValidateForm(fields);\">
	<table width=\"100%\" border=\"0\" cellpadding=\"3\" cellspacing=\"0\" class=\"forme\">
	{formfields}
	</table>
</form>

All you have to do is to change it in something like this
<div align=\"left\" style=\"width:100%\" class=\"componentheading\">{formtitle}</div>

My intro about the form where i explain its fields.

<form name=\"{formname}\" id=\"{formname}\" method=\"post\" action=\"{action}\" {enctype} onsubmit=\"return ValidateForm(fields);\">
	<table width=\"100%\" border=\"0\" cellpadding=\"3\" cellspacing=\"0\" class=\"forme\">
	{formfields}
	</table>
</form>

I know this is a bit difficult to use. I will think about it and find a solution to help both expert & non-expert html users of the form.

Re:Pre-text 16 years 11 months ago #289

• mehd36
  • Fresh Boarder
Thank you very much for your reply.
For info, an old component named ArtForms do this feature.
I join the component zip, without the installation files, if it can helps you.

Attachment artforms.zip not found

Attachments:

Re:Pre-text 16 years 11 months ago #319

• alex
  • RSJoomla! Official Staff
  • Thank you received: 3
Thanks, i will look at it.

Read this first!

We do not monitor these forums. The forum is provided to exchange information and experience with other users ONLY. Forum responses are not guaranteed.

However, please submit a ticket if you have an active subscription and wish to receive support. Our ticketing system is the only way of getting in touch with RSJoomla! and receiving the official RSJoomla! Customer Support.

For more information, the Support Policy is located here.

Thank you!