Read this first!

We do not monitor these forums. The forum is provided to exchange information and experience with other users ONLY. Forum responses are not guaranteed.

However, please submit a ticket if you have an active subscription and wish to receive support. Our ticketing system is the only way of getting in touch with RSJoomla! and receiving the official RSJoomla! Customer Support.

For more information, the Support Policy is located here.

Thank you!

TOPIC: Required field error - email populates with script

Required field error - email populates with script 16 years 3 months ago #1714

I have several required fields with email being one of them.

When the form returns an error (required field not completed), the email field is cleared of the user's input and script text displays:

script language='JavaScript' type='text/javascript'

The email fieldtype is text, and validation is email.

Thank you,
The administrator has disabled public write access.

Re:Required field error - email populates with scr 16 years 3 months ago #1736

• Garrett
  • Fresh Boarder
I had the very same thing happen as well and got the same script info that the OP got. I changed the email field so it was no longer mandatory. Now, this is what I'm getting when someone fills the form in...

This e-mail address is being protected from spam bots, you need JavaScript enabled to view it

Anyone have any ideas? Is this issue on my end or the person who filled in the form?
Garrett

Re:Required field error - email populates with scr 15 years 10 months ago #3181

• Bithmus
  • Fresh Boarder
I'm getting \"\n This e-mail address is being protected from spambots, you need javascript enabled to view it\" returned from my required Email field. See www.techadv.com/best-fit-crm-analysis/.

Has anyone figured out why this is happening?

Thank you,
Justin K.

Re:Required field error - email populates with scr 15 years 10 months ago #3183

• Bithmus
  • Fresh Boarder
I found the answer on these boards:
www.rsjoomla.com/index.php/RSform-Bugs/3...ble-with-RSform.html

I ran into an issue where my site wasn't picking up the {emailcloak=off} tag, but I found the answer to that issue here:
forum.joomla.org/viewtopic.php?f=198&t=198435

Thanks,
Justin K.

Re:Required field error - email populates with scr 12 years 6 months ago #15029

• cwendt01
  • Fresh Boarder
I'm having this exact same problem. What's the solution? The links provided above no longer work.

I've tried this method for RSForm!Pro ( www.rsjoomla.com/forum/37-rsform-pro/790...s-are-messed-up.html ), which works, but not work my website.

I can't just disable the Email cloak plugin as the page that has the form also has everybody's emails listed on it, so that would cause a huge influx of spam.

Alternative methods, please?
Last Edit: 12 years 6 months ago by cwendt01.

Read this first!

We do not monitor these forums. The forum is provided to exchange information and experience with other users ONLY. Forum responses are not guaranteed.

However, please submit a ticket if you have an active subscription and wish to receive support. Our ticketing system is the only way of getting in touch with RSJoomla! and receiving the official RSJoomla! Customer Support.

For more information, the Support Policy is located here.

Thank you!