Read this first!

We do not monitor these forums. The forum is provided to exchange information and experience with other users ONLY. Forum responses are not guaranteed.

However, please submit a ticket if you have an active subscription and wish to receive support. Our ticketing system is the only way of getting in touch with RSJoomla! and receiving the official RSJoomla! Customer Support.

For more information, the Support Policy is located here.

Thank you!

TOPIC: Advice needed for Calculations

Advice needed for Calculations 12 years 2 months ago #16286

• philgp
  • Fresh Boarder
I am trying to calculate a price whilst a form is being entered.
The visitor will select 1 item from a drop-down list, then a Quantity in a numeric field.
As they amend their selection, I want a total price to be displayed on the form.
All this without using the Submit button.

I have seen many script samples but I just can’t get anything working.

I have even reduced my code to simply force a fixed value into the result field on change of my list box selection ...

This is the ‘custom’ ActionScript called on ‘Change’ of the ‘userList1’ field.

function ff_userList1_action(element, action)
{
switch (action)
{
case 'change':
ff_getElementByName('FinalPrice').Value = 'A';
break;
default:;
} // switch
} // ff_itemNum_action

I know the code is being called because I mis-typed ‘FinalPrice’ and FireBug picked up the error.

The FinalPrice is a ReadOnly field.
I have tried with and without the Library Initscript on Form Entry of FF::ff_showelementinit but it makes no difference. I found advice for setting this but I cant find that post anymore.

I am using the Quick Mode for form design. (Joomla 2.5)
I am new to Joomla and RSForm so it is possible I have missed something very obvious.
Any advice please?
The administrator has disabled public write access.

Re: Advice needed for Calculations 12 years 2 months ago #16292

• philgp
  • Fresh Boarder
I might be new to Joomla and forms ..... but not to forums :blush: :S
.... so you'd think I could post on the right forum :blush:

Sorry - this question is not for RSForms!
The administrator has disabled public write access.

Read this first!

We do not monitor these forums. The forum is provided to exchange information and experience with other users ONLY. Forum responses are not guaranteed.

However, please submit a ticket if you have an active subscription and wish to receive support. Our ticketing system is the only way of getting in touch with RSJoomla! and receiving the official RSJoomla! Customer Support.

For more information, the Support Policy is located here.

Thank you!