Read this first!

We do not monitor these forums. The forum is provided to exchange information and experience with other users ONLY. Forum responses are not guaranteed.

However, please submit a ticket if you have an active subscription and wish to receive support. Our ticketing system is the only way of getting in touch with RSJoomla! and receiving the official RSJoomla! Customer Support.

For more information, the Support Policy is located here.

Thank you!

TOPIC: Hide/Show Dropdown List Problem

Hide/Show Dropdown List Problem 12 years 3 months ago #16027

• fionam
  • Fresh Boarder
Hi

I've read through a number of examples of the Hide/Show JS required for radio buttons, checkboxes, dropdown lists etc. but these all seem dependent on selecting a particular option within the relevan t lists. I need to display a second dropdown list based simply on whether or not the user has selected any item from the previous dropdown list. I'm afraid I'm not a JS fundi so I'm a bit lost as to how to accomplish this. These are also not straightforward dropdown lists - they are dynamic. The last list that I want to hide is not dynamic. It is simply a straightforward dropdown that is not generated by the previous dropdown.

Do I just use the component ID instead of the value of the selected option?

Any help would be appreciated.
Last Edit: 12 years 3 months ago by fionam. Reason: Additional information
The administrator has disabled public write access.

Read this first!

We do not monitor these forums. The forum is provided to exchange information and experience with other users ONLY. Forum responses are not guaranteed.

However, please submit a ticket if you have an active subscription and wish to receive support. Our ticketing system is the only way of getting in touch with RSJoomla! and receiving the official RSJoomla! Customer Support.

For more information, the Support Policy is located here.

Thank you!