Read this first!

We do not monitor these forums. The forum is provided to exchange information and experience with other users ONLY. Forum responses are not guaranteed.

However, please submit a ticket if you have an active subscription and wish to receive support. Our ticketing system is the only way of getting in touch with RSJoomla! and receiving the official RSJoomla! Customer Support.

For more information, the Support Policy is located here.

Thank you!

TOPIC: CHANGE THE BACKGROUND COLOR ADD A BORDER?

CHANGE THE BACKGROUND COLOR ADD A BORDER? 12 years 8 months ago #14482

How do I change the background Color and add a border I tried to use the example from you guys with out success! :-( Please Help!
The administrator has disabled public write access.

Re: CHANGE THE BACKGROUND COLOR ADD A BORDER? 12 years 7 months ago #14784

• rene82
  • Fresh Boarder
Hi there. You need to know a little CSS.

Here's the steps I used:

1. Manage forms > Select desired form
2. Properties
3. CSS & Javascript
4. In the CSS box, type the opening and closing tags <style type="text/css"> </style>
5. In between those tags, put your CSS for the table. Here is an example you can use (I copied this from the CSS file on another site):

table {
border-collapse: collapse;
margin: 1em 0;
font-size: 1.1em;
width:370px;
}

table td {
padding: 5px;
background: #C3D2E5;
}

table tr td p {
font-size: 1em;
}

6. From there you can edit the CSS until you get the desired effect. If you're not sure what CSS code to use, then do a Google search.

7. To change other elements in the form - go to Form Layout
8. You modify the CSS of any given class - for example I took this from my form: <div class="componentheading">{global:formtitle}</div>
9. In this example, the class for the form title is "componentheading". To change the CSS of this you could use code something like this:

.componentheading {
font-size: 1.5em;
color: #095197;
}

Make sure you put this code between the opening and closing tags <style type="text/css"> </style>.

10. Here is what my complete code looks like:

<style type="text/css">

.componentheading {
font-size: 1.5em;
color: #095197;
}

table {
border-collapse: collapse;
margin: 1em 0;
font-size: 1.1em;
width:370px;
}

table td {
padding: 5px;
background: #C3D2E5;
}

table tr td p {
font-size: 1em;
}

</style>

STYLING OF INDIVIDUAL FIELDS

If you want to style individual fields in your form, you need to do it in the Attributes tab > Additional Attributes of the relevant field. You start with the following:

style=

and then put whatever follows that in brackets - here is an example:

style="width:190px; background:red"

This will make the field box 190 pixels wide and the background red.

Best wishes!
Last Edit: 12 years 7 months ago by rene82.
The administrator has disabled public write access.

Read this first!

We do not monitor these forums. The forum is provided to exchange information and experience with other users ONLY. Forum responses are not guaranteed.

However, please submit a ticket if you have an active subscription and wish to receive support. Our ticketing system is the only way of getting in touch with RSJoomla! and receiving the official RSJoomla! Customer Support.

For more information, the Support Policy is located here.

Thank you!