Read this first!

We do not monitor these forums. The forum is provided to exchange information and experience with other users ONLY. Forum responses are not guaranteed.

However, please submit a ticket if you have an active subscription and wish to receive support. Our ticketing system is the only way of getting in touch with RSJoomla! and receiving the official RSJoomla! Customer Support.

For more information, the Support Policy is located here.

Thank you!

TOPIC: RS Form validation issue

RS Form validation issue 13 years 6 months ago #12019

• Johangsl
  • Fresh Boarder
Hi I have an RSForm inside a popup div

Everytime I submit the form and data isnt valid in the fields, it jumps to my front page. closing the popup div and rendering the form in the middle of my site.

Is there a way to validate fields withouth it going to another page? like ajax for example?
The administrator has disabled public write access.

Re:RS Form validation issue 13 years 5 months ago #12247

• alexp
  • RSJoomla! Official Staff
  • Thank you received: 180
Hello,

Unfortunately, RSform! does not incorporate a AJAX validation. This is available in RSform!Pro.
Please note: my help is not official customer support. To receive your support, submit a ticket by clicking here
Regards,
RSJoomla! Development Team

Re:RS Form validation issue 13 years 1 month ago #13413

• marties
  • Fresh Boarder
  • Thank you received: 1
hello,

you can include a javascript form validation just after the closing form in the form style parameter

</form>
<script language="JavaScript" type="text/javascript"
    xml:space="preserve">//<![CDATA[
//You should create the validator only after the definition of the HTML form
  var frmvalidator  = new Validator("contactForm");
  frmvalidator.addValidation("nom","req","Please enter your Name");
  frmvalidator.addValidation("email","req","Please enter your Email address");
  frmvalidator.addValidation("email","email","Please enter a valid Email address"); 
  frmvalidator.addValidation("email","maxlen=50","50 car. max for your Email address");
  frmvalidator.addValidation("telephone","numeric","Your Phone number must only contain numbers");
  frmvalidator.addValidation("telephone","maxlen=50","50 car. max for your Phone number");
  frmvalidator.addValidation("message","req","Please enter your Message");
  frmvalidator.addValidation("captcha","req","Please copy the Captcha code included in the image");
  frmvalidator.addValidation("captcha","maxlen=4","The Captcha code is 4 characters long!");
  frmvalidator.addValidation("captcha","minlen=4","The Captcha code is 4 characters long!");
//]]></script>
The following user(s) said Thank You: anthony.burge

Read this first!

We do not monitor these forums. The forum is provided to exchange information and experience with other users ONLY. Forum responses are not guaranteed.

However, please submit a ticket if you have an active subscription and wish to receive support. Our ticketing system is the only way of getting in touch with RSJoomla! and receiving the official RSJoomla! Customer Support.

For more information, the Support Policy is located here.

Thank you!