Read this first!

We do not monitor these forums. The forum is provided to exchange information and experience with other users ONLY. Forum responses are not guaranteed.

However, please submit a ticket if you have an active subscription and wish to receive support. Our ticketing system is the only way of getting in touch with RSJoomla! and receiving the official RSJoomla! Customer Support.

For more information, the Support Policy is located here.

Thank you!

TOPIC: Multilanguage

Multilanguage 16 years 11 months ago #11

Hi,I need my form to work in 2 languages.
Is there a way to define the description name of each field (example 'name', 'surname', 'question') in the language files?
thanks!
The administrator has disabled public write access.

Re:Multilanguage 16 years 11 months ago #14

• alex
  • RSJoomla! Official Staff
  • Thank you received: 3
Hello,

this feature is not yet present. The only way to do that is to create 2 different forms with the same fields and use their different links for each of the languages. I will move your post to the suggestion box list, and will consider it for sure for the next release.

Re:Multilanguage 16 years 11 months ago #148

• Wayner
  • Fresh Boarder
I have the same multi-lingual requirement and here's what I've been doing ... which displays both languages at the same time. Not the prettiest way but it works.

1.) Make the field descriptors multi-ligual to look like this . 2.) Then for the description text on the right side, Enter the first language text and then use (2)HTML line feed codes of \"<br>\" at the end of the text and then enter the second language text. This seperates the 2 paragraphs of differing language text for the field. You have to play with the line feeds but it ends up looking ok. I add a final linefeed (or two) after the end second language text to seperate the text of the next form field or it ends up appearing right on top of the follwing field's description information. Good enough for a basic form ... in my opinion. Might get messy if you have lots of fields, but mine only traps 4 fields. Wayne[Email / Word for email in language#2].

2.) Then for the description text on the right side, Enter the first language text and then use (2)HTML line feed codes of \"<br>\" at the end of the text and then enter the second language text. This seperates the 2 paragraphs of differing language text for the field.

You have to play with the line feeds but it ends up looking ok. I add a final linefeed (or two) after the end second language text to seperate the text of the next form field or it ends up appearing right on top of the follwing field's description information.

Good enough for a basic form ... in my opinion. Might get messy if you have lots of fields, but mine only traps 4 fields.

Wayne

Read this first!

We do not monitor these forums. The forum is provided to exchange information and experience with other users ONLY. Forum responses are not guaranteed.

However, please submit a ticket if you have an active subscription and wish to receive support. Our ticketing system is the only way of getting in touch with RSJoomla! and receiving the official RSJoomla! Customer Support.

For more information, the Support Policy is located here.

Thank you!