Read this first!

We do not monitor these forums. The forum is provided to exchange information and experience with other users ONLY. Forum responses are not guaranteed.

However, please submit a ticket if you have an active subscription and wish to receive support. Our ticketing system is the only way of getting in touch with RSJoomla! and receiving the official RSJoomla! Customer Support.

For more information, the Support Policy is located here.

Thank you!

TOPIC: Email cron plugin - Attachments

Email cron plugin - Attachments 14 years 10 months ago #7461

Hi, our support system is such where receiving tickets as emails is a fairly frequent occurence - as I'm sure for many others.

I have the cron plugin setup to receive tickets which works fine, however this plugin does not seem to process email attachments (or formatting) in any way

This is a problem as if someone emails an attachment with the support query, the system picks it up and deletes the email - then the attachment is lost.

Also, unless the person is sending a plain text email (which is virtually no-one these days) it comes through with masses (hundreds of lines) of HTML / Outlook formatting example below -even if the message message is only 1 line long!

eg.

_=_NextPart_002_01C9D526.D17F6852
Content-Type: text/html;
charset="us-ascii"
Content-Transfer-Encoding: quoted-printable

<html xmlns:o=3D"urn:schemas-microsoft-com:office:office" =
xmlns:w=3D"urn:schemas-microsoft-com:office:word" =
xmlns=3D"www.w3.org/TR/REC-html40";>

<head>
<META HTTP-EQUIV=3D"Content-Type" CONTENT=3D"text/html; =
charset=3Dus-ascii">
<meta name=3DGenerator content=3D"Microsoft Word 11 (filtered medium)">
<style>
<!--
/* Style Definitions */
p.MsoNormal, li.MsoNormal, div.MsoNormal
{margin:0in;
margin-bottom:.0001pt;
font-size:12.0pt;
font-family:"Times New Roman";}

Are there any solutions to these issues? as the main reason we are using RSTickets is for the email handling (and it is the "most advanced" ticket system) - surely these are crippling issues for a full blown enterprise support system

Thanks
The administrator has disabled public write access.

Re:Email cron plugin - Attachments 14 years 10 months ago #7517

• octavian
  • RSJoomla! Official Staff
  • Thank you received: 110
Hello,

Unfortunately, attachments are not handled by the Cron, for now. We are working on an improved version of the Cron and we hope to have this fixed as soon as possible.
Please note: my help is not official customer support. To receive your support, submit a ticket by clicking here
Regards,
RSJoomla! Development Team

Re:Email cron plugin - Attachments 14 years 8 months ago #8177

Hi, have any of these issues been resolved yet? we are waiting for these before the ticketing system can be of real use to use

Thanks!

Re:Email cron plugin - Attachments 14 years 7 months ago #8352

Hi,

is there a timeline for the attachmentsupport?!
i need it and i think some other customers need it too! :-)

thx for answer!
Frank

Re:Email cron plugin - Attachments 14 years 6 months ago #8792

Hi there

Please could you give us an idea when this functionality will be available? Our company uses RS Tickets extensively and this functionality is urgently being sought?

We are willing to contribute financially to this project if it helps speed up the development.

Regards

Re: Email cron plugin - Attachments 12 years 4 months ago #15600

Any news on this so-needed feature?

I'm planning in purchasing this component but this is crucial for me.

Best regards

Read this first!

We do not monitor these forums. The forum is provided to exchange information and experience with other users ONLY. Forum responses are not guaranteed.

However, please submit a ticket if you have an active subscription and wish to receive support. Our ticketing system is the only way of getting in touch with RSJoomla! and receiving the official RSJoomla! Customer Support.

For more information, the Support Policy is located here.

Thank you!