Read this first!

We do not monitor these forums. The forum is provided to exchange information and experience with other users ONLY. Forum responses are not guaranteed.

However, please submit a ticket if you have an active subscription and wish to receive support. Our ticketing system is the only way of getting in touch with RSJoomla! and receiving the official RSJoomla! Customer Support.

For more information, the Support Policy is located here.

Thank you!

TOPIC: How to hide some Departments from Customer?

How to hide some Departments from Customer? 15 years 3 weeks ago #7069

• svogel
  • Fresh Boarder
Hello,

How can I restrict Customer Tickets to just some of the Departments? Now, the customer sees every Department in the Submit New Ticket form, even the internal ones.

I'd like a solution, where in configuration you can state, if a Department is seen in the Customer Tickets Submit Form.

Or did I overlook this functionality somewhere?

TIA,
svogel
The administrator has disabled public write access.

Re:How to hide some Departments from Customer? 15 years 3 weeks ago #7083

• fr3em1nd
  • Fresh Boarder
I think that's not possible.

Re:How to hide some Departments from Customer? 14 years 10 months ago #7840

I need the same features too. Has anybody solution?

Re:How to hide some Departments from Customer? 14 years 10 months ago #7856

• bogdanc
  • Thank you received: 11
Hello,

In the current version of RSTickets! you cannot set what Departments a customer can see or not.

Regards!

Re:How to hide some Departments from Customer? 14 years 9 months ago #8211

It can be done as I am doing it unless I have misunderstood your question.

Have you sorted this yet?

Stephen:cheer:

Re:How to hide some Departments from Customer? 14 years 5 months ago #9073

Hm, I need the same feature...

Re:How to hide some Departments from Customer? 14 years 5 months ago #9087

Hello,

I need the same feature, any idea?

Thanks,

Re:How to hide some Departments from Customer? 14 years 3 months ago #9399

This would be a great feature, especially when you have a 2nd level support in which you don't want customers directly submitting to.

Re:How to hide some Departments from Customer? 14 years 3 months ago #9420

• bogdanc
  • Thank you received: 11
Hello,

We have added such a feature on the to do list for RSTickets! and it will be added to the component in it's future updates.

Re:How to hide some Departments from Customer? 14 years 3 months ago #9604

I just got RS Tickets, and think it is great. I'd love the ability to make departments that only internal staff can see - that would be a valuable enhancement for me.

thx, tomnovint

Re:How to hide some Departments from Customer? 14 years 2 months ago #9861

• alexp
  • RSJoomla! Official Staff
  • Thank you received: 180
Hello,

If some of you are in real need you can go ahead and modify the source code. I will provide some instructions on how to do this. You will have to edit the components/com_rstickets/page/add_ticket.php file (around line 92). Basically just add a if statement after the existing foreach, for example:
if($_SESSION['RST_User']['UserId'] == '62' && $department['DepartmentName'] != 'Billing')

Explanations:

$_SESSION == '62' - verifies if the current logged in user id is 62. Here you will have to use the actual user id of the user that you wish to restrict the department list.

$department != 'Billing' - verifies if the current department name is 'Billing'. If it is anything but 'Billing' the department will be added to the dropdown, thus resulting in a filtered list of departments.

The example can be used to a more general case... but this should provide a good starting point.
Please note: my help is not official customer support. To receive your support, submit a ticket by clicking here
Regards,
RSJoomla! Development Team

Re:How to hide some Departments from Customer? 13 years 6 months ago #11807

I need this feature too!

Re:How to hide some Departments from Customer? 13 years 4 months ago #12111

Can you just update this component to add an Enable/Disable (Publish/Unpublish) feature so that we can Enable/Disable (Publish/Unpublish) the departments we want or don't want?

For instance, right now i have 3 departments that i do not need but i don't want to delete them. It would be nice if i could just "Disable" (Unpublish) them, keeping the configuration, and when i need them again, i can "Enable" (Publish) them so that i don't have to configure them all again.
Last Edit: 13 years 4 months ago by divad011276.

Read this first!

We do not monitor these forums. The forum is provided to exchange information and experience with other users ONLY. Forum responses are not guaranteed.

However, please submit a ticket if you have an active subscription and wish to receive support. Our ticketing system is the only way of getting in touch with RSJoomla! and receiving the official RSJoomla! Customer Support.

For more information, the Support Policy is located here.

Thank you!