Read this first!

We do not monitor these forums. The forum is provided to exchange information and experience with other users ONLY. Forum responses are not guaranteed.

However, please submit a ticket if you have an active subscription and wish to receive support. Our ticketing system is the only way of getting in touch with RSJoomla! and receiving the official RSJoomla! Customer Support.

For more information, the Support Policy is located here.

Thank you!

TOPIC: Delayed Email Processing

Delayed Email Processing 15 years 3 weeks ago #6982

• snvboy
  • Fresh Boarder
Email is parsing just fine through the CRON plugin, and is working exactly how I want it for parsing inbound emails and replies to/from staff via email.

Except....

Any replies, either from staff or customers, do no get parsed through the system until somebody accesses the RSTickets frontend. Then it will process through all the emails.

This is only for replies sent through email. The original email from the customer parses just fine automatically.

Any ideas?
The administrator has disabled public write access.

Re:Delayed Email Processing 15 years 2 weeks ago #7029

• octavian
  • RSJoomla! Official Staff
  • Thank you received: 110
Hello,

The RSTickets! Cron will only parse emails when the RSTickets! component is accessed - which kind of makes sense, since you will have to use RSTickets! to see if any tickets have been added or updated. In the near future we are planning on moving this to a Joomla! System plugin, so that it will run regardless of what page is being accessed.
Because this is a plugin that runs on top of the website and is not installed as a standalone application, there is no other solution for the automatic processing.
If you have access to your hosting account's cron jobs, you can setup a cron job that will automatically access RSTickets! every few minutes (or whatever delay you want to setup):

wget www.yourwebsite.com/index.php?option=com_rstickets
Please note: my help is not official customer support. To receive your support, submit a ticket by clicking here
Regards,
RSJoomla! Development Team

Re:Delayed Email Processing - SOLVED 15 years 2 weeks ago #7061

• snvboy
  • Fresh Boarder
Poifect!

Adding the cron script worked like a charm, though I did need to do a little research and self-educating to make a curl script instead of wget, since wget didn't work with my host (BlueHost).

SO, mega-thanks.

Now on to configuring all the staff/groups/departments.

Cheers,

Ben

Re:Delayed Email Processing 15 years 4 days ago #7188

On my server, every time the "wget" cron task runs, it leaves a copy of index.html in my root directory. Is there a way to automatically delete this unneeded html file after the cron task runs?

Read this first!

We do not monitor these forums. The forum is provided to exchange information and experience with other users ONLY. Forum responses are not guaranteed.

However, please submit a ticket if you have an active subscription and wish to receive support. Our ticketing system is the only way of getting in touch with RSJoomla! and receiving the official RSJoomla! Customer Support.

For more information, the Support Policy is located here.

Thank you!