Read this first!

We do not monitor these forums. The forum is provided to exchange information and experience with other users ONLY. Forum responses are not guaranteed.

However, please submit a ticket if you have an active subscription and wish to receive support. Our ticketing system is the only way of getting in touch with RSJoomla! and receiving the official RSJoomla! Customer Support.

For more information, the Support Policy is located here.

Thank you!

TOPIC: Display tabs in frontend

Display tabs in frontend 15 years 2 months ago #6772

Hi, I'm a little confused here, I cant get the tabs to display on the front end.
I only have one user at the moment and I go into /joomla/administrator/ and log in as administrator, administrator is a member of the staff group in RS Tickets and all departments, but when I go to the front end I get no tabs, only the "Submit Ticket" tab.
Last Edit: 15 years 2 months ago by arnar.jlusson. Reason: topic icon
The administrator has disabled public write access.

Re:Display tabs in frontend 15 years 2 months ago #6780

Have you "Show RStickets menu" active in the general configuration?

Do the Staff Member have rights to submit tickets / see other tickets?

Does it work when you create a new menu-item in joomla for tickets ( for example -> backend -> menues -> mainmenue -> new -> RSTickets! -> Tickets)

When I logged in as Admin i have all rights without beeing a member of a staff group.

Excuse my bad english. But I hope you know what I mean ;)

Re:Display tabs in frontend 15 years 1 month ago #6882

I am confused too. The tabs does not show up either the way you have described.
Are these tabs only available on the front end, when you have bought a license?

Aaaah, now i have found the solution. People should log in to see their tickets.
That is not the way we want this.

The users should only see all tickets or add 1 themselves, but they can not change the way, only the admins.

For example: All tickets and adding 1 on the frontend for users and all tickets and changing stuff in the backend for admins.?

Or some way that the users can see all tickets without logged in. This is because to prevent double tickets.
If there is no way to do this, then we should manually delete the double ones.
But we need this to enlighten the pressure of the ICT department, not to tighten.
Last Edit: 15 years 1 month ago by ronaldloonen.

Re:Display tabs in frontend 15 years 1 month ago #6980

I also want this feature. as it is critical to provide easy support to our customers without the need to require them to login.

also what good is it to allow someone unregistered to submit a ticket then send an email that requires a login?

Please provide a solution to this obvious flaw in the software design.

AB

Re:Display tabs in frontend 15 years 1 month ago #7033

• octavian
  • RSJoomla! Official Staff
  • Thank you received: 110
Hello,

There is no flaw in the software design and my statement is backed up by the numerous happy customers RSTickets! has had since it first came out almost a year ago.
Tickets are meant to be a private conversion between the end user (customer) and a designated staff member. The only way to track responses (which customer replied to what ticket) is to identify the customer by something unique - and this is why Joomla! and all other Content Management Systems have a user registration system, composed of a username and a password.
Please note: my help is not official customer support. To receive your support, submit a ticket by clicking here
Regards,
RSJoomla! Development Team

Read this first!

We do not monitor these forums. The forum is provided to exchange information and experience with other users ONLY. Forum responses are not guaranteed.

However, please submit a ticket if you have an active subscription and wish to receive support. Our ticketing system is the only way of getting in touch with RSJoomla! and receiving the official RSJoomla! Customer Support.

For more information, the Support Policy is located here.

Thank you!