Read this first!

We do not monitor these forums. The forum is provided to exchange information and experience with other users ONLY. Forum responses are not guaranteed.

However, please submit a ticket if you have an active subscription and wish to receive support. Our ticketing system is the only way of getting in touch with RSJoomla! and receiving the official RSJoomla! Customer Support.

For more information, the Support Policy is located here.

Thank you!

TOPIC: Link with customer database

Link with customer database 15 years 2 months ago #6326

Hello

I am evaluating RStickets
I would like to know if it is possible to create a custom field linked with a database .
From what I see, I can use a select tlist but the value are in the same cell in the database, I have a database of 600 customers and would like to know how I can do

Thank you
The administrator has disabled public write access.

Re:Link with customer database 14 years 11 months ago #7240

• erikhp
  • Fresh Boarder
hi. i need to do a similar function to my site, i need to fill a customfield with data from users of Community Builder, but i cant do it, the code is barely commented and the support offered is very poor... if you find the way please let me know...

Re:Link with customer database 14 years 11 months ago #7244

• octavian
  • RSJoomla! Official Staff
  • Thank you received: 110
Hello,

@erikhp
You have three tickets with us, all of them have been answered in less than one working day. Please note that even though we'd like to reply immediately, there's a time difference between us and all of our customers, depending on their location.
The RSTickets! code is fairly commented and all the functions are located in functions.php. If you'll search for "custom_fields" you'll see what these functions look like and what they do.
What you are asking is purely a customization of the product to suit your needs. As stated in the Support Policy, this is limited to making your product work on your website.

If you have any other issues, submit a ticket and you'll get a reply on Monday, since we're out of office hours and tomorrow's Labor Day.

PS: The rst_gen_custom_fields() function in functions.php generates the custom field's appearance (customer view that is) based on the type of the custom field. There's a switch() in there for that, you can add another case named 'sql' maybe.
Now you need to go to administrator/components/com_rstickets/page/admin/add_department.php and add the sql option to the <select> element, around line 157, in the same matter as all the other options. This will allow you as the admin to see and select the new sql custom field.
RSTickets! uses Javascript to add the custom fields so you don't have to reload the page again - this will need to be updated too. Open components/com_rstickets/js/script.js and around line 103 you'll see the html code for the select you've updated earlier. Update that too to contain the sql custom field.

Like we've said, this is no "2 lines" modification.
Please note: my help is not official customer support. To receive your support, submit a ticket by clicking here
Regards,
RSJoomla! Development Team

Re:Link with customer database 14 years 11 months ago #7245

• erikhp
  • Fresh Boarder
i know this isnt a mod of two lines, i know that, and with the past post you help me a lot, that was the answer that ive been searching for, not "YOU NEED MODIFY THE SOURCE", and 24 hours its to much time for a payed support.
i think that you need to improve your support, and maybe you need to make a progammer manual, UML or something to make it more scalable and your apps will be more atractive.
i think that this component have a great potential... cheers. and thanks by your answer...
sorry my englsh.
Last Edit: 14 years 11 months ago by erikhp.

Re:Link with customer database 14 years 11 months ago #7246

• octavian
  • RSJoomla! Official Staff
  • Thank you received: 110
Hello,

Unfortunately, making an extensive manual about our applications' programming and Joomla! programming in basis is not a good strategy, since there are a handful of people among our customers who know PHP to that extent.
If there's anything we need to improve, is adding more features to our components, which we're already doing.
We've made a good help desk extension for Joomla! that works as standard for 90% of our customers. If anyone wants to modify it, we give the full source code unencoded, and can feel free to do so.
Please note: my help is not official customer support. To receive your support, submit a ticket by clicking here
Regards,
RSJoomla! Development Team

Re:Link with customer database 14 years 11 months ago #7247

• erikhp
  • Fresh Boarder
well, every one have their own opinion on the software code, indeed there are a lot of people that know php, but there are more people like me that dont, we need help to develop and custom joomla site, therefore mortal people without advanced knowledge of php, search for commercial apps, so we can have more help and support. But how i say, thats my personal opinion, enjoy youre payed vacations you deserve it. cheeers!!! :)

Re:Link with customer database 14 years 11 months ago #7248

• erikhp
  • Fresh Boarder
octavian wrote:

PS: The rst_gen_custom_fields() function in functions.php generates the custom field's appearance (customer view that is) based on the type of the custom field. There's a switch() in there for that, you can add another case named 'sql' maybe.
Now you need to go to administrator/components/com_rstickets/page/admin/add_department.php and add the sql option to the <select> element, around line 157, in the same matter as all the other options. This will allow you as the admin to see and select the new sql custom field.
RSTickets! uses Javascript to add the custom fields so you don't have to reload the page again - this will need to be updated too. Open components/com_rstickets/js/script.js and around line 103 you'll see the html code for the select you've updated earlier. Update that too to contain the sql custom field.

Like we've said, this is no "2 lines" modification.
after a few reading of this, i think you are a great programmer....

Read this first!

We do not monitor these forums. The forum is provided to exchange information and experience with other users ONLY. Forum responses are not guaranteed.

However, please submit a ticket if you have an active subscription and wish to receive support. Our ticketing system is the only way of getting in touch with RSJoomla! and receiving the official RSJoomla! Customer Support.

For more information, the Support Policy is located here.

Thank you!