Read this first!

We do not monitor these forums. The forum is provided to exchange information and experience with other users ONLY. Forum responses are not guaranteed.

However, please submit a ticket if you have an active subscription and wish to receive support. Our ticketing system is the only way of getting in touch with RSJoomla! and receiving the official RSJoomla! Customer Support.

For more information, the Support Policy is located here.

Thank you!

TOPIC: Cron Plugin Settings

Cron Plugin Settings 15 years 5 months ago #5763

I can't seem to get the email server to test out properly. I am using the correct settings, but it says ERROR Could not connect.

I deleted the private information but when entered it is correct. I changed the port to 110, but it doesn't seem to matter what my settings are, I still can't connect. Any ideas?

Attachments:
The administrator has disabled public write access.

Re:Cron Plugin Settings 15 years 5 months ago #5839

• harrispr
  • Fresh Boarder
Well finally got the plugin mailed to me and now I'm having this same issue. Hummmmm

Re:Cron Plugin Settings 15 years 4 months ago #6025

This issue got resolved by my host switching servers. They said there was a bug in the IMAP client library. If Apache has more than 1024 files open (log files, etc), the error is thrown. They said they couldn't do anything until the bug was fixed. I had them switch servers and the problem went away.

Re:Cron Plugin Settings 15 years 3 months ago #6243

• rsRick
  • Fresh Boarder
jerid.l.hill wrote:
This issue got resolved by my host switching servers. They said there was a bug in the IMAP client library. If Apache has more than 1024 files open (log files, etc), the error is thrown. They said they couldn't do anything until the bug was fixed. I had them switch servers and the problem went away.

I am having this issue as well, is the IMAP bug in Cron Plugin or in the Apache server? I am not sure if it is created by the same things as what you experienced but seems like a good place to begin looking, I have submitted a ticket and have not received a reply as of yet, by reading many forum posts here it would seem that this is not un common to have to wait for response from support.<br><br>Post edited by: william.whitehead, at: 2009/01/20 12:10

Re:Cron Plugin Settings 15 years 3 months ago #6401

• tcnrahul
  • Fresh Boarder
Having the same problem - Please can we get some one from RSJoomla to address this- i am using google as email provider with POP3 - same error. Seems like a cron pg issue?

Re:Cron Plugin Settings 15 years 3 months ago #6414

• alexp
  • RSJoomla! Official Staff
  • Thank you received: 180
Hello,

I can assure that the connection issue is not generated from the RStickets! component or plugin. This is most likely by setting on your server that is preventing the connection to be made. If this is the case it is best to contact the system administrator and report this.
Please note: my help is not official customer support. To receive your support, submit a ticket by clicking here
Regards,
RSJoomla! Development Team

Re:Cron Plugin Settings 15 years 3 months ago #6423

• tcnrahul
  • Fresh Boarder
Hello,

Very well. I have had the hosting provider look into it too. It could very well be something that is not your fault. But please can you have some one look into it. I did send over instructions to access the backend. If you feel you can help, please do so that i can make use of what i paid for.

Thank you again.

Read this first!

We do not monitor these forums. The forum is provided to exchange information and experience with other users ONLY. Forum responses are not guaranteed.

However, please submit a ticket if you have an active subscription and wish to receive support. Our ticketing system is the only way of getting in touch with RSJoomla! and receiving the official RSJoomla! Customer Support.

For more information, the Support Policy is located here.

Thank you!