Read this first!

We do not monitor these forums. The forum is provided to exchange information and experience with other users ONLY. Forum responses are not guaranteed.

However, please submit a ticket if you have an active subscription and wish to receive support. Our ticketing system is the only way of getting in touch with RSJoomla! and receiving the official RSJoomla! Customer Support.

For more information, the Support Policy is located here.

Thank you!

TOPIC: A TON of \"How To\" questions

A TON of \"How To\" questions 15 years 6 months ago #5461

• quilthug
  • Fresh Boarder
Hi Guys! This looks very promising for me, but before I invest in this product I was wondering if it was even possible to do the items I have listed below. I am hoping to use the ticket system for something other than tickets, so I may be stretching this beyond it's means, but I can't find anything out of the box that is what I need.

Essentially what I am doing is setting up a service station where people ask for support/jobs and then volunteers will at their leisure pick the job and then go and do it. So say john is disables and can't mow his yard. He would create a \"ticket\" asking for someone to mow his lawn. Tom the teenager can do it Sat, so he takes the ticket, signs it, and then marks it complete when he actually does the job.

1. Is there a calendar that displays all of the tickets and due dates? Or maybe a way to add a google calandar to show all the tickets? I would love geotracking also as not everything is in one location.. but that's a huge stretch I know.
2. Is there a way that the frontend user can see the tickets and then we can see who grabbed what ticket and then see the status of said ticket?
2. Is there a way to change the text so that I can change the word \"ticket\" to something else?

Thank you! I hope all of this makes sense.. I'm taking a risk posting this pre-caffeine.
Cheryl
The administrator has disabled public write access.

Re:A TON of \"How To\" questions 15 years 5 months ago #5583

• octavian
  • RSJoomla! Official Staff
  • Thank you received: 110
Hello,

RStickets! is multilanguage and you can edit the language file so it won't say \"ticket\", but bare in mind that the ticketing system was not designed to be anything else other than a ticketing system.
Based on the group permissions you've set (mainly you need to enable \"Can see unallocated tickets\" and \"Can see other tickets\"), you can see all the tickets in the frontend (and who grabbed what ticket, which belongs to what customer).
A reporting module is on our to do list, however, it's more likely to be launched next year.
Please note: my help is not official customer support. To receive your support, submit a ticket by clicking here
Regards,
RSJoomla! Development Team
The administrator has disabled public write access.

Read this first!

We do not monitor these forums. The forum is provided to exchange information and experience with other users ONLY. Forum responses are not guaranteed.

However, please submit a ticket if you have an active subscription and wish to receive support. Our ticketing system is the only way of getting in touch with RSJoomla! and receiving the official RSJoomla! Customer Support.

For more information, the Support Policy is located here.

Thank you!