Read this first!

We do not monitor these forums. The forum is provided to exchange information and experience with other users ONLY. Forum responses are not guaranteed.

However, please submit a ticket if you have an active subscription and wish to receive support. Our ticketing system is the only way of getting in touch with RSJoomla! and receiving the official RSJoomla! Customer Support.

For more information, the Support Policy is located here.

Thank you!

TOPIC: RSTIcket Loading Time Slow

RSTIcket Loading Time Slow 15 years 6 months ago #5445

I've noticed my RSTicket form is loading excruciatingly slow today.

I hadn't noticed this before until I installed the Cron plugin.

I might have thought it was just my network or the server, but my Joomla web site loads up fine, RSForm loads fine, but the length of time the RSTicket load is around 60 seconds. Once I'm in it seems okay, until I relaunch the web page. I used both IE7 and Firefox with same results.

I wonder if there is away to speed up the load time.

Profile Information
Application afterLoad: 0.001 seconds, 0.40 MB
Application afterInitialise: 0.158 seconds, 6.49 MB
Application afterRoute: 0.185 seconds, 7.76 MB
Application afterDispatch: 45.478 seconds, 9.39 MB
Application afterRender: 45.721 seconds, 9.77 MB

Also happens in the admin section, when clicking on RSTicket component link...

Profile Information
Application afterLoad: 0.003 seconds, 0.54 MB
Application afterInitialise: 0.159 seconds, 6.72 MB
Application afterRoute: 0.161 seconds, 6.72 MB
Application afterDispatch: 45.216 seconds, 9.07 MB
Application afterRender: 45.313 seconds, 10.34 MB

For immediate solution. I removed the Cron plugin, and it works fine again. But if someone knows the fix then I may try it again.

Cheers

Post edited by: david.wakefield, at: 2008/11/06 08:38<br><br>Post edited by: david.wakefield, at: 2008/11/06 08:51
The administrator has disabled public write access.

Re:RSTIcket Loading Time Slow 15 years 6 months ago #5447

• octavian
  • RSJoomla! Official Staff
  • Thank you received: 110
Hello,

Based on your settings, when set to automatic, the cron plugins connects to your email provider and fetches emails so it can parse them and add them as new tickets/replies. What you are experiencing is because of:
1) too many emails
2) too large emails
3) poor connection (or no connection at all) between your web server and email provider

You can however keep the functionality by setting it to manual and using it standalone, configured as a unix cron job (php /path/to/the/cron.php)
Please note: my help is not official customer support. To receive your support, submit a ticket by clicking here
Regards,
RSJoomla! Development Team

Re:RSTIcket Loading Time Slow 15 years 6 months ago #5452

Ahh....now I understand, that makes since. Thx.

Read this first!

We do not monitor these forums. The forum is provided to exchange information and experience with other users ONLY. Forum responses are not guaranteed.

However, please submit a ticket if you have an active subscription and wish to receive support. Our ticketing system is the only way of getting in touch with RSJoomla! and receiving the official RSJoomla! Customer Support.

For more information, the Support Policy is located here.

Thank you!