Read this first!

We do not monitor these forums. The forum is provided to exchange information and experience with other users ONLY. Forum responses are not guaranteed.

However, please submit a ticket if you have an active subscription and wish to receive support. Our ticketing system is the only way of getting in touch with RSJoomla! and receiving the official RSJoomla! Customer Support.

For more information, the Support Policy is located here.

Thank you!

TOPIC: Special Characters

Special Characters 15 years 6 months ago #5247

I can't use special characters (ex:
The administrator has disabled public write access.

Re:Special Characters 15 years 6 months ago #5248

• octavian
  • RSJoomla! Official Staff
  • Thank you received: 110
Hello,

You're probably using Joomla! 1.0 and your template's charset is not set to UTF-8.
Locate the <head> section of your template and change or add this meta tag:
<meta http-equiv="Content-Type" content="text/html; charset=utf-8" />

However, this issue has already been resolved and will be available in the next update, sometime next week. You won't be needing utf-8 charset when the new update comes out.
Please note: my help is not official customer support. To receive your support, submit a ticket by clicking here
Regards,
RSJoomla! Development Team
Last Edit: 15 years 2 months ago by octavian.

Re:Special Characters 15 years 6 months ago #5252

I did what you suggested and now special characters work on RStickets but it is not consistent with the rest of the site.

Some content items are encoded correctly and other not, especially menu items, titles, modules.

Look:

Component page:
cohesp.com.br/index.php?option=com_rstic...&page=add_ticket

Home:
cohesp.com.br/content/view/26/58/

Re:Special Characters 15 years 6 months ago #5262

• octavian
  • RSJoomla! Official Staff
  • Thank you received: 110
Hello,

My suggestion is that you should revert the changes and wait for the update. This is an issue we've already dealt with other clients that use Joomla! 1.0 - and the outcome is that RStickets! works fine but the rest of the website's characters show up wrong.
Please note: my help is not official customer support. To receive your support, submit a ticket by clicking here
Regards,
RSJoomla! Development Team

Re:Special Characters 11 years 8 months ago #18420

RSform!Pro 1.2.0 rev 21

I am having the same problem but didn't notice until my subscription past. Was it fixed in this version?

Read this first!

We do not monitor these forums. The forum is provided to exchange information and experience with other users ONLY. Forum responses are not guaranteed.

However, please submit a ticket if you have an active subscription and wish to receive support. Our ticketing system is the only way of getting in touch with RSJoomla! and receiving the official RSJoomla! Customer Support.

For more information, the Support Policy is located here.

Thank you!