Read this first!

We do not monitor these forums. The forum is provided to exchange information and experience with other users ONLY. Forum responses are not guaranteed.

However, please submit a ticket if you have an active subscription and wish to receive support. Our ticketing system is the only way of getting in touch with RSJoomla! and receiving the official RSJoomla! Customer Support.

For more information, the Support Policy is located here.

Thank you!

TOPIC: Subject / Message no required

Subject / Message no required 12 years 5 months ago #15069

• info948
  • Fresh Boarder
Hi everybody,

my ticket to this problem is already answered, but i would take this topic to the board for an open discussion.

A short overview to my case: i purchased the tickets-component for a privat train-agency, to handle theire requests (like train- or other traveling). My customer wished a open form for everybody (similar to the original form of the "Deutsche Bahn AG"), but it should establish an account automaticly, where the user can overview his requests later.

The RSTickets!Pro component is like were meant for them, but the only thing to complain about, is the requirement to fill in the textbox and the subjectbox. In this case, we dont need it. The support tells me already, that there is no way to do it without much complicated coding, because its a ticketcomponent and nothing else. Maybe this will be more flexible in later versions.

Before i go, i will share my solution to this. I modified the "default.php", found in root/components/com_rsticketspro\views\submit\tmpl\default.php

If you delete the whole subject and message areas, the fields disappear from the page indeed, but the component still ask for this fields, when the user sends a ticket. - The support knows it better.^^
I only entered some text in this fields, which are now standard appears and - if the user dont delete this - the component sends the ticket complete normal.

For the subject, search in the default.php by ('RST_TICKET_SUBJECT') and look one or two lines beneath:
['subject']); ?>" class="inputbox" />
This can be modified like:
['subject']); ?>Enter your subject here" class="inputbox" />

The message is 4 or 5 lines beneath that:
id="message"><?php echo $this->escape(@$this->data['message']); ?></textarea>
Here you can enter some text like that:
id="message"><?php echo $this->escape(@$this->data['message']); ?>Please enter your message here.</textarea>

May this help someone,

Gerri
Last Edit: 12 years 5 months ago by info948.
The administrator has disabled public write access.

Read this first!

We do not monitor these forums. The forum is provided to exchange information and experience with other users ONLY. Forum responses are not guaranteed.

However, please submit a ticket if you have an active subscription and wish to receive support. Our ticketing system is the only way of getting in touch with RSJoomla! and receiving the official RSJoomla! Customer Support.

For more information, the Support Policy is located here.

Thank you!