Read this first!

We do not monitor these forums. The forum is provided to exchange information and experience with other users ONLY. Forum responses are not guaranteed.

However, please submit a ticket if you have an active subscription and wish to receive support. Our ticketing system is the only way of getting in touch with RSJoomla! and receiving the official RSJoomla! Customer Support.

For more information, the Support Policy is located here.

Thank you!

TOPIC: Validate: Not Default Value

Validate: Not Default Value 14 years 2 months ago #9954

I really think this should be a feature that comes with RSFORMS PRO...

I don't know javacscript, I'm sure this is pretty easy... anyone know how to create a custom validation that verify's the field is not the default value?

Example form: www.getcarports.com/building-types/carports.html

This form uses default values and fields are required, but anyone can just click submit and send "name..." "phone..." and there is no way to force them to put in something esle prior to submit.

This code works for me in breezing forms, but I am not sure how to put this into rsforms pro's format and when I try my entire site goes blank:
function ff_no_default_value_validation(element, message)
{
    if (element.value==element.defaultValue) {
        if (message=='') message = element.name+" failed in my test.\n"
        ff_validationFocus(element.name);
        return message;
    } // if
    return '';
} // ff_no_default_value_validation
The administrator has disabled public write access.

Re:Validate: Not Default Value 14 years 1 month ago #10249

I have the same question. Any help would be appreciated.

Thanks
The administrator has disabled public write access.

Read this first!

We do not monitor these forums. The forum is provided to exchange information and experience with other users ONLY. Forum responses are not guaranteed.

However, please submit a ticket if you have an active subscription and wish to receive support. Our ticketing system is the only way of getting in touch with RSJoomla! and receiving the official RSJoomla! Customer Support.

For more information, the Support Policy is located here.

Thank you!