Read this first!

We do not monitor these forums. The forum is provided to exchange information and experience with other users ONLY. Forum responses are not guaranteed.

However, please submit a ticket if you have an active subscription and wish to receive support. Our ticketing system is the only way of getting in touch with RSJoomla! and receiving the official RSJoomla! Customer Support.

For more information, the Support Policy is located here.

Thank you!

TOPIC: How to Validate fake emails on MX with RSForm Pro

How to Validate fake emails on MX with RSForm Pro 14 years 2 months ago #9789

• dvdzona9
  • Fresh Boarder
Hi people here, i have been using this forum for a long time due a client of mine bought this component, and really was very usefull but sometimes not! so tonight after long long research i was able to do some important thing, as webmaster u may get tired of recieving no good email address like a@b.com or This e-mail address is being protected from spambots. You need JavaScript enabled to view it etc etc, lots of trash in database and so on, so i custom coded a new validation rule to do that! and im sharing!let start working.

sorry if its long but i meant it for "nothing ever on coding" guys!
1. open ftp log into the your account and go to /public_html/components/com_rsform/controller/validation.php and download the file, once down, open it using some wordpad note pad (i do use notepad++)go to end u may see something like that :
function password($param,$extra=null)
	{
		return true;
	}
?>
Now without erasing the ?> at the end, copy the code bellow and paste it just behind the last } u have.
function nobadmail($email) {

list($userName, $mailDomain) = split("@", $email);

if (checkdnsrr($mailDomain, "MX"))
return true;
else
return false;

This should now look like this:
function nobadmail($email) {

list($userName, $mailDomain) = split("@", $email);

if (checkdnsrr($mailDomain, "MX"))
return true;
else
return false;

}
?>

Save and upload the file, this may ask u to overwrite the existing file, accept.
Now lets go to component on your joomla installation.
choose the form u want to apply this to, now select the email field and be sure that the name of the textbox is: email ,just like that and in validation rules u should have now the nobadmail option to choose, click on it, set it requiered, save, apply, and go to the form on your site and try something like a@a.com and the Validation Message will appear whenever u tried to send the form until u may tipe a good domain email address.
Hope this helped out it would be good to be implemented in the normal validation of the email.

Thxs:woohoo:

Deivid
Last Edit: 14 years 2 months ago by dvdzona9. Reason: wrong caracters
The administrator has disabled public write access.

Read this first!

We do not monitor these forums. The forum is provided to exchange information and experience with other users ONLY. Forum responses are not guaranteed.

However, please submit a ticket if you have an active subscription and wish to receive support. Our ticketing system is the only way of getting in touch with RSJoomla! and receiving the official RSJoomla! Customer Support.

For more information, the Support Policy is located here.

Thank you!