Read this first!

We do not monitor these forums. The forum is provided to exchange information and experience with other users ONLY. Forum responses are not guaranteed.

However, please submit a ticket if you have an active subscription and wish to receive support. Our ticketing system is the only way of getting in touch with RSJoomla! and receiving the official RSJoomla! Customer Support.

For more information, the Support Policy is located here.

Thank you!

TOPIC: Bug in ajax.js, function "editRow"

Bug in ajax.js, function "editRow" 14 years 3 months ago #9534

When editing a row's value (click the Edit button), if the value is going into a single-line textbox and it contains an apostrophe, then everything after the apostrophe is truncated from the value.

I've changed line 185 of the code to properly HTML escape apostrophes:

Before:
document.getElementById("row-" + id + "-" + i).innerHTML = "<input type='hidden'
 id='" + "hidden-" + id + "-" + i + "' value='" + value + "' /><input type='text' id='" + 
"input-" + id + "-" + i + "' value='" + value + "'  name=\"textarea-" + id + "\"/>";

After:
document.getElementById("row-" + id + "-" + i).innerHTML = "<input type='hidden' 
id='" + "hidden-" + id + "-" + i + "' value='" + value.replace("'", "&apos;") + "' /><input type='text' id='" + 
"input-" + id + "-" + i + "' value='" + value.replace("'", "&apos;") + "'  
name=\"textarea-" + id + "\"/>";

Please work this patch into your next release. Thanks.
Last Edit: 14 years 3 months ago by jnicholls.
The administrator has disabled public write access.

Re:Bug in ajax.js, function "editRow" 14 years 3 months ago #9549

• andreic
  • RSJoomla! Official Staff
  • Thank you received: 60
Hello,

Thank you for pointing this out, we will include the fix for this bug in the next release.
Please note: my help is not official customer support. To receive your support, submit a ticket by clicking here
Regards,
RSJoomla! Development Team

Re:Bug in ajax.js, function "editRow" 13 years 1 month ago #13382

• tobes
  • Fresh Boarder
please can some one provide the correct page I need to replace this code I can not find it.

ADMIN, is there a fix to this, Im having trouble with any file that is uploaded with an apostrophe :(

PLEASE HELP :(

TIA

Tobes

Read this first!

We do not monitor these forums. The forum is provided to exchange information and experience with other users ONLY. Forum responses are not guaranteed.

However, please submit a ticket if you have an active subscription and wish to receive support. Our ticketing system is the only way of getting in touch with RSJoomla! and receiving the official RSJoomla! Customer Support.

For more information, the Support Policy is located here.

Thank you!