Read this first!

We do not monitor these forums. The forum is provided to exchange information and experience with other users ONLY. Forum responses are not guaranteed.

However, please submit a ticket if you have an active subscription and wish to receive support. Our ticketing system is the only way of getting in touch with RSJoomla! and receiving the official RSJoomla! Customer Support.

For more information, the Support Policy is located here.

Thank you!

TOPIC: How can you change the Tab Focus in a form??

How can you change the Tab Focus in a form?? 14 years 4 months ago #9345

I have a 2 column 2 line form that I would like to have the tab focus read horizontal (left to right) rather than vertical.

Example

First Name __________________Last Name

Phone________________________Email

I would like to have the user enter their First Name, hit tab and have the cursor foucsed on the Last Name rather than moving down to the Phone.

Any help is appreciated.

Matt
Last Edit: 14 years 4 months ago by matt.bruno.
The administrator has disabled public write access.

Re:How can you change the Tab Focus in a form?? 14 years 4 months ago #9347

• bogdanc
  • Thank you received: 11
Hello,

You can try placing a code line similar to this one in the Additional Attributes box of your fields:
tabindex="1"

In this case, if you wish to pass from First Name to Last Name, then Phone and then to Email, you can place tabindex="1" in the Additional Attributes box of the First Name field, tabindex="2" in the Additional Attributes box of the Last Name field, tabindex="3" in the Additional Attributes box of the Phone field and tabindex="4" in the Additional Attributes box of the Email field.

Re:How can you change the Tab Focus in a form?? 14 years 4 months ago #9359

Thanks, I tried using tabindex before, but I think I'm missing how the syntax should go. Below is a brief example of what I find in the form layout page. Where would I insert the tabindex="1" argument? I think it would go in the {*:body} description but I haven't gotten it to work yet.

Example:

<td valign="top">
<div>
<br><br>
{First Name:caption} (*)<br/>
{First Name:body}<br/>
{First Name:validation}
{First Name:description}<br/>
{Contact Phone:caption} (*)<br/>
{Contact Phone:body}<br/>
{Contact Phone:validation}
{Contact Phone:description}<br/>

</div>
</td>
<td valign="top">
<br><br>
<div style="margin-left:150px">
{Last Name:caption} (*)<br/>
{Last Name:body}<br/>
{Last Name:validation}
{Last Name:description}<br/>
{Email:caption} (*)<br/>
{Email:body}<br/>
{Email:validation}
{Email:description}<br/>

</div>
</td>

Re:How can you change the Tab Focus in a form?? 14 years 4 months ago #9361

Hello,

I feel a little silly - I was trying to make this update in the form layout rather than in the additional attributes feild. I figured it out.

Thanks for the help!

Read this first!

We do not monitor these forums. The forum is provided to exchange information and experience with other users ONLY. Forum responses are not guaranteed.

However, please submit a ticket if you have an active subscription and wish to receive support. Our ticketing system is the only way of getting in touch with RSJoomla! and receiving the official RSJoomla! Customer Support.

For more information, the Support Policy is located here.

Thank you!