Read this first!

We do not monitor these forums. The forum is provided to exchange information and experience with other users ONLY. Forum responses are not guaranteed.

However, please submit a ticket if you have an active subscription and wish to receive support. Our ticketing system is the only way of getting in touch with RSJoomla! and receiving the official RSJoomla! Customer Support.

For more information, the Support Policy is located here.

Thank you!

TOPIC: User name and Password fields...

User name and Password fields... 14 years 5 months ago #9098

• bobtem
  • Fresh Boarder
I've set up a simple form on a page that asks for a user name and password, then upon submit would take user to a specific page (please see it at innovatecorporation.com/)

My question is where do I set-up and manage the database for UN and PW?

Right now trying to use the form just generates an "not valid" message – which makes sense because there are no UN or PW for it to verify, because I haven't set any up, because I don't know where that is done.

Please advise.
The administrator has disabled public write access.

Re:User name and Password fields... 14 years 5 months ago #9101

Sorry, I do not quite understand what you are saying. If you used RSForm!Pro to set up the login-form it should not complain about missing data. It should simply save your data in the database and give you a "Thank You" message.

If you want to use RSForm!Pro for this purpose, you can intercept the process in the "scripts" tab, "script called on form process". This script will be executed when the form data is received at the server end but before it gets saved to the database. It is possible to make a lookup in the database at this instance to find out what page to redirect to. How you make the actual redirect, I cannot tell you though.

Yours
Claus
The administrator has disabled public write access.

Read this first!

We do not monitor these forums. The forum is provided to exchange information and experience with other users ONLY. Forum responses are not guaranteed.

However, please submit a ticket if you have an active subscription and wish to receive support. Our ticketing system is the only way of getting in touch with RSJoomla! and receiving the official RSJoomla! Customer Support.

For more information, the Support Policy is located here.

Thank you!