Read this first!

We do not monitor these forums. The forum is provided to exchange information and experience with other users ONLY. Forum responses are not guaranteed.

However, please submit a ticket if you have an active subscription and wish to receive support. Our ticketing system is the only way of getting in touch with RSJoomla! and receiving the official RSJoomla! Customer Support.

For more information, the Support Policy is located here.

Thank you!

TOPIC: additonal attributes for dummies

additonal attributes for dummies 14 years 5 months ago #9072

I've read the forums, I understand you can apply CSS styling via at Additional Attributes area but I'm just too css illiterate to figure it.

Essentially I'd like to put multiple fields on one line using tableless xhtml.

such as:
<li>
<div class="formCaption">{FirstName:caption}</div>
<div class="formBody">{FirstName:body}</div>
<div class="formCaption">{LastName:caption}</div>
<div class="formBody">{LastName:body}</div>
</li>

When this executes, the Last Name caption butts up against firstname field. Not a problem, I can add some spaces using a few &NPSP's- probably incorrect as well but I can't break out of my table instincts.... I presume though css padding or similar this could be handled.

However the LastName Field is too far to the right of the LastName caption. Appears the fields CSS are set to X position from a caption.

Although that looks ok if fields are all on one line, it's not too pretty when adding multiple fields to one line- like birthday fields year, month, day with no caption - lost of spacing between fields.

So I presume there is a way to modify the css through the additional attributes, at a field level, to control the spacing of certain fields like Last Name etc.

Any help you could provide would be appreciated!
The administrator has disabled public write access.

Re:additonal attributes for dummies 14 years 5 months ago #9119

• alexp
  • RSJoomla! Official Staff
  • Thank you received: 180
Hello,

You can use something like this:

<li>
<div class="formCaption">{FirstName:caption}</div>
<div class="formBody" style="margin-left: 10px;">{FirstName:body}</div>
<div class="formCaption">{LastName:caption}</div>
<div class="formBody">{LastName:body}</div>
</li>

Regards
Please note: my help is not official customer support. To receive your support, submit a ticket by clicking here
Regards,
RSJoomla! Development Team
The administrator has disabled public write access.

Read this first!

We do not monitor these forums. The forum is provided to exchange information and experience with other users ONLY. Forum responses are not guaranteed.

However, please submit a ticket if you have an active subscription and wish to receive support. Our ticketing system is the only way of getting in touch with RSJoomla! and receiving the official RSJoomla! Customer Support.

For more information, the Support Policy is located here.

Thank you!