Read this first!

We do not monitor these forums. The forum is provided to exchange information and experience with other users ONLY. Forum responses are not guaranteed.

However, please submit a ticket if you have an active subscription and wish to receive support. Our ticketing system is the only way of getting in touch with RSJoomla! and receiving the official RSJoomla! Customer Support.

For more information, the Support Policy is located here.

Thank you!

TOPIC: Mappings module/plug-in going around in circles

Mappings module/plug-in going around in circles 14 years 5 months ago #9069

Instructions say this:

Installation: Go to Components - RSForm! Pro - Configuration, click on the Plugins tab, browse for the mappings archive and click Upload.

The plugins tab leads to the rsjoomla site, where I have already downloaded the mapping thing, so I used the Joomla installation method to install the module, and it gave me installation success.

Then the instructions say this:

1. Go to "Manage forms" in the main panel of RSform!Pro
2. Select the appropriate form by clicking on it
3. Here, build your form by adding components
4. Once you are done adding components, please go to the "Mappings" tab located to he right
5. Here, select as follows:
1. The component (identified by it's name) that it's value you wish to save
2. The table where you want the specified submission value to be saved to
3. The column from the selected table you want the specified submission value to be saved to

There is no Mappings tab to the right of anything anywhere in RSForm!Pro. So, what is the story here?
Attachments:
Last Edit: 14 years 5 months ago by randall.prue. Reason: Upload image of RSForm!Pro with no mapping tab
The administrator has disabled public write access.

Re:Mappings module/plug-in going around in circles 14 years 5 months ago #9070

Okay, I found the page on this site that actually explains how to really do it. Why are open-source products, even paid ones, so outrageously erroneous in the documentation?

I had to go to Extensions > Plugin Manager and enable the puppy. Now it appears. Now I can go destroy my site with it.

Re:Mappings module/plug-in going around in circles 14 years 5 months ago #9118

• alexp
  • RSJoomla! Official Staff
  • Thank you received: 180
Hello,

Instructions for the new version of the mappings plugin are posted here :

www.rsjoomla.com/joomla-plugins/rsform-pro/74-mappings.html
Please note: my help is not official customer support. To receive your support, submit a ticket by clicking here
Regards,
RSJoomla! Development Team

Read this first!

We do not monitor these forums. The forum is provided to exchange information and experience with other users ONLY. Forum responses are not guaranteed.

However, please submit a ticket if you have an active subscription and wish to receive support. Our ticketing system is the only way of getting in touch with RSJoomla! and receiving the official RSJoomla! Customer Support.

For more information, the Support Policy is located here.

Thank you!