Read this first!

We do not monitor these forums. The forum is provided to exchange information and experience with other users ONLY. Forum responses are not guaranteed.

However, please submit a ticket if you have an active subscription and wish to receive support. Our ticketing system is the only way of getting in touch with RSJoomla! and receiving the official RSJoomla! Customer Support.

For more information, the Support Policy is located here.

Thank you!

TOPIC: Sending an attachment upon submission

Sending an attachment upon submission 14 years 6 months ago #8917

Hi There. I am a real newb so please forgive if this is obvious. I want a very simple form that on submission emails an attachment to email address given on the form. Please help ?
The administrator has disabled public write access.

Re:Sending an attachment upon submission 14 years 6 months ago #8943

Hello Peter

I think what you want to do is explained in the manual in customisation section: http://www.rsjoomla.com/customer-support/documentations/34-custom-scripting/84-how-to-store-the-submission-in-a-file-and-send-it-through-the-email.html?

Yours
Claus

Re:Sending an attachment upon submission 14 years 6 months ago #8945

Does this package the entire form contents as an attachment? What do we do to simply get a user file upload emailed to us and not simply uploaded to the server?

Thanks in advance.

Re:Sending an attachment upon submission 14 years 6 months ago #8955

Well, the example shows how you can write down all submitted values into a text file and transfer that file to someone by mail. But it should be easy to modify the code so that it fetches an uploaded file instead. http://www.rsjoomla.com/customer-support/documentations/31-creating-and-managing-forms/69-components-file-upload.html explains where any uploaded file is located.

The "User E-mail" tab has an option to attach a file to the user (but not to Admin, as far as I can tell). How that is supposed to be used, I do not know.

Yours
Claus

Read this first!

We do not monitor these forums. The forum is provided to exchange information and experience with other users ONLY. Forum responses are not guaranteed.

However, please submit a ticket if you have an active subscription and wish to receive support. Our ticketing system is the only way of getting in touch with RSJoomla! and receiving the official RSJoomla! Customer Support.

For more information, the Support Policy is located here.

Thank you!