Read this first!

We do not monitor these forums. The forum is provided to exchange information and experience with other users ONLY. Forum responses are not guaranteed.

However, please submit a ticket if you have an active subscription and wish to receive support. Our ticketing system is the only way of getting in touch with RSJoomla! and receiving the official RSJoomla! Customer Support.

For more information, the Support Policy is located here.

Thank you!

TOPIC: How Do I Widen Text Column

How Do I Widen Text Column 14 years 6 months ago #8897

How do I widen the text/caption column? It is too narrow and doesn't look right. Also, the labels for my radio buttons are not lining up...any ideas why?

Thanks -

Jackie
The administrator has disabled public write access.

Re:How Do I Widen Text Column 14 years 6 months ago #8944

Hello Jackie

Think I stumbled across the solution to this issue a couple of days ago. The width of the caption column is governed by this <DIV> label <div class="formCaption"> (provided you use inline (XHTML) formatting) which you can find in the "Form layout" tab. In the CSS file (components/rs_form/front.css) you will see that this resolves into:

div.formCaption {
display: block;
float: left;
width: 25%;
height: 12px;
}

So you can simply edit this file but that will make the change global for all your forms. Another option would be to override the "width" property in the Form Layout Tab (Do not forget to disable "Auto generate layout" first). Thus instead of having
  • <div class="formCaption">

you could try
  • <div class="formCaption" style="width: 40%">

Sorry I have no idea about the other issue.

Yours
Claus

Re:How Do I Widen Text Column 14 years 4 months ago #9473

Hi there

I tried this and still can't get it to work. Any suggestions?

Re:How Do I Widen Text Column 14 years 4 months ago #9481

• gtech
  • Fresh Boarder
If you uncheck Auto Generate Layout then you can take your data place in Dreamweaver or HTML editor and create layout using tables for example:

<table width="100%" border="0">
<tr>
<td width="22%">{body:caption}
{body:body}<BR>
{body:validation}<BR>
{body:description}</td>
<td width="31%">{Name:caption}<BR>
{Name:body}<BR>
{Name:validation}<BR>
{Name:description}<BR></td>
<td width="47%">{Address:caption}<BR>
{Address:body}<BR>
{Address:validation}<BR>
{Address:description}</td>
</tr>
</table>

Read this first!

We do not monitor these forums. The forum is provided to exchange information and experience with other users ONLY. Forum responses are not guaranteed.

However, please submit a ticket if you have an active subscription and wish to receive support. Our ticketing system is the only way of getting in touch with RSJoomla! and receiving the official RSJoomla! Customer Support.

For more information, the Support Policy is located here.

Thank you!