Read this first!

We do not monitor these forums. The forum is provided to exchange information and experience with other users ONLY. Forum responses are not guaranteed.

However, please submit a ticket if you have an active subscription and wish to receive support. Our ticketing system is the only way of getting in touch with RSJoomla! and receiving the official RSJoomla! Customer Support.

For more information, the Support Policy is located here.

Thank you!

TOPIC: only registered users able to submit a form

only registered users able to submit a form 14 years 6 months ago #8886

Hi all! I have a form into an article. I want only my registered users to be able to submit the form and only one time. Do you have any idea about?
The administrator has disabled public write access.

Re:only registered users able to submit a form 14 years 6 months ago #8888

Hi

I guess you want the article to be visible to everybody (public) and only the form should be restricted to registered users?

As far as I can tell both mod_rsform (used to display forms in modules) and mos_rsform (used to display forms in articles) can be restricted to certain groups (public, registered, special). Isn't that what you want?

As far as restricting the users to submitting the same data only once, this has been discussed in another thread: www.rsjoomla.com/customer-support/forum/...nt-duplications.html

Yours
Claus

Re:only registered users able to submit a form 14 years 6 months ago #8889

At first, thanks for your time and good answer Claus!

You are right, I have used the second option, mos_rsform (used to display forms in articles), and I want the article to be visible for everybody and the form only for the registered and logged in members. How can I do this? Can you specify this please?

Re:only registered users able to submit a form 14 years 6 months ago #8891

Thanks Tsintsik

Well, I would have anticipated that you could simply change the Access Level of the plugin "Content - RSForm! Pro" from "Public" to "Registered" in Extensions->Plugin Manager but it does not work on my site. Apparantly, there is something about Plugins that I have not quite comprehended:(

But there is another way: If you use "RSForm! Pro Module" (mod_rsform) available in Extensions->Module Manager (you have to install it first) and publish in a module position used no where in your template (such as "User8" ). Then you can import the content of that module position into your context using {loadposition user8}. (Technique is described in http://www.rsjoomla.com/customer-support/documentations/26-add-ons-and-enhancements/145-modrsform-display-the-form-in-a-module-position.html).

Next if you go to Extensions->Module Manager and changes the Access Rights of "Content - RSForm! Pro" to "Registered" it will not display for non-registered users. Just tested it. It works.

Yours
Claus
Last Edit: 14 years 6 months ago by claus.nedergaard.jacobsen. Reason: 8) showed up as smiley

Re:only registered users able to submit a form 14 years 6 months ago #8894

hey Claus, your solution worked just fine. I appreciate your help, thanks!

I did it using the module just as you described.

Anyone wants to check just go to http://www.downhill.gr/index.php?option=com_content&view=article&id=238:psifiste-to-kalutero-katastima-tis-xronias-2009-2010&catid=77:reviews&Itemid=147
I know it's in Greek, but I have an autotranslator also. If you click this link you will see no form in the article. But if you register and go check again, there it is!

Thanks again Claus

Re:only registered users able to submit a form 14 years 6 months ago #8957

You are welcome B) Nice site, by the way, Tsintsikloglou. Riding downhill bikes in Greece sounds like a lot of fun. Sorry for misspelling your name. I thought it was a pseudonym, but given the fact that you are Greek I suddenly realise it is your real name :ohmy:

As for preventing customers/visitors from submitting the same values twice, I have found that it helps to give them a "Thank You Message" and then redirect them to another page, once they have submitted the form. That way they do not tend to hit the submit button twice, because they are not sure if the form has been sent.

I have looked into the database structure to find a way of detecting duplicate entries using SQL or database constraints. In Oracle it could be done using a method named "Row-to-column transposition" and it could be implemented using a function named "decode()". That function is not available in Mysql though and I have not been able to find any alternatives although it is being discussed here and there on the net. So my conclusion is that it is better to write som PHP code to fetch the data from the database and align it into some array-structure and then check that structure for duplicates.

Yours
Claus

Read this first!

We do not monitor these forums. The forum is provided to exchange information and experience with other users ONLY. Forum responses are not guaranteed.

However, please submit a ticket if you have an active subscription and wish to receive support. Our ticketing system is the only way of getting in touch with RSJoomla! and receiving the official RSJoomla! Customer Support.

For more information, the Support Policy is located here.

Thank you!