Read this first!

We do not monitor these forums. The forum is provided to exchange information and experience with other users ONLY. Forum responses are not guaranteed.

However, please submit a ticket if you have an active subscription and wish to receive support. Our ticketing system is the only way of getting in touch with RSJoomla! and receiving the official RSJoomla! Customer Support.

For more information, the Support Policy is located here.

Thank you!

TOPIC: Database Manipulation Using RSForms! Pro

Database Manipulation Using RSForms! Pro 14 years 6 months ago #8885

I read somewhere in the docs that RSForms! Pro writes to databases and I would like to use it as an interface to access and to manipulate my DBs.

I need a (preferably) relational DB set-up with at least 2 DBs. One is for primarily static (occasionally could change) customer info, with a unique ID for each customer.

One to three other DBs are for transactions (either one for each type or all types in one DB). Each transaction is marked with the customer's unique ID.

RSForms! Pro is the perfect interface for data entry. The administrative folks love it and we control required fields, etc.

What we want to do with the data is to select a customer (by query) from the DB, and then have all transactions appear in the front end in a layout that we will design and produce.

Is this possible with RSForms! Pro and some scripting, or should I be looking at another way to access the data? I believe that RSForms! Pro will still be our front end for data entry.
The administrator has disabled public write access.

Re:Database Manipulation Using RSForms! Pro 14 years 6 months ago #8887

It should be possible to put the input data into one or more tables using the database mapping tool. There is no way - as far as I can tell - to customise the output part, though. The module mod_rsform_list seems to be the tool to extract data from the underlying databases and show it in the front end but I have not been able to find any way of customising the query - only the display part.

But it should be possible to modify the code in mod_rsform_list to make your own customised module. That is what I am looking into right now.

Yours
Claus
The administrator has disabled public write access.

Read this first!

We do not monitor these forums. The forum is provided to exchange information and experience with other users ONLY. Forum responses are not guaranteed.

However, please submit a ticket if you have an active subscription and wish to receive support. Our ticketing system is the only way of getting in touch with RSJoomla! and receiving the official RSJoomla! Customer Support.

For more information, the Support Policy is located here.

Thank you!