Read this first!

We do not monitor these forums. The forum is provided to exchange information and experience with other users ONLY. Forum responses are not guaranteed.

However, please submit a ticket if you have an active subscription and wish to receive support. Our ticketing system is the only way of getting in touch with RSJoomla! and receiving the official RSJoomla! Customer Support.

For more information, the Support Policy is located here.

Thank you!

TOPIC: How to customize pop-up calendar?

How to customize pop-up calendar? 14 years 6 months ago #8878

Certain examples are given in the documentation on how to customise the calendar so that the week starts on Monday rather than Sunday.

Is there a way to customise it so that it starts out at a certain date in the future rather than at today's date? This would imply having to pass a parameter to it on every invocation, I am aware. But I guess this is a common open-source calendar and it has a lot of options?

For example: On December 1, I am going to a announce a lot of gliding courses at www.nordic-gliding.org for all of 2010. For some of them, the user has to select his/her own arrival and departure dates. But it takes a long time to browse from December 1, 2009, to November 2010.

Other ways of implementing a date-constraint? Or maybe there is an easy way of swapping the (Javascript?) calendar for another?

Yours
Claus
The administrator has disabled public write access.

Re:How to customize pop-up calendar? 14 years 6 months ago #8884

What I would like to see in the calendar is a way to go back many years at a time, to date of birth (1940, 1950). Right now it is easier to type the year than to click 60 times. I see this in other calendars.

Re:How to customize pop-up calendar? 14 years 6 months ago #8951

randall.prue wrote:
What I would like to see in the calendar is a way to go back many years at a time, to date of birth (1940, 1950). Right now it is easier to type the year than to click 60 times. I see this in other calendars.

Agreed, would love to see this added.

Re:How to customize pop-up calendar? 14 years 6 months ago #8953

Hello Vicki and Randall

I submitted a ticket about this issue. Apparently there is no easy way to customise the chosen (Javascript?) calender nor to transfer parameters to it. They suggested to me, that I implement 3 pulldown menus instead: One for year, one for month and one for day and that is what I am going to do for my site although it does not look so fancy. I might implement some date-restrictions too since the manual tells you how to implement constraints.

But I think the developers are aware of this feature wish.

Yours
Cluas

Read this first!

We do not monitor these forums. The forum is provided to exchange information and experience with other users ONLY. Forum responses are not guaranteed.

However, please submit a ticket if you have an active subscription and wish to receive support. Our ticketing system is the only way of getting in touch with RSJoomla! and receiving the official RSJoomla! Customer Support.

For more information, the Support Policy is located here.

Thank you!