Read this first!

We do not monitor these forums. The forum is provided to exchange information and experience with other users ONLY. Forum responses are not guaranteed.

However, please submit a ticket if you have an active subscription and wish to receive support. Our ticketing system is the only way of getting in touch with RSJoomla! and receiving the official RSJoomla! Customer Support.

For more information, the Support Policy is located here.

Thank you!

TOPIC: Help with Script to allow admin to approve before

Help with Script to allow admin to approve before 14 years 8 months ago #8414

I have a question that if we could figure it out here on the forum I believe it could help a number of people.

I have created a form that basically allows people to submit updates/questions to a discussion list (mailing list). Right now when the person submits the form it just sends an email to the email account I set up for the discussion list. The problem I have is that I have had a couple submissions that I would have liked to screen first. A temporary solution was to copy the initial form and give me the only access to that form. Then I changed the original form to send the email to me only. Once I screen that email I go to the new form (that sends it to the discussion list email) and copy and past all the information in.

I don't know much about scripting so I'm hoping someone on the forum can help. I would like the public form to have a script in it that when the user submits the form it will email me a link to the second form but automatically copy the information (Name, Email, Subject, Message) from the public form into the approval form. Then when I hit the submit button it will send the email to the discussion list email account.

I would appreciate the help and thanks ahead of time!!!!
The administrator has disabled public write access.

Re:Help with Script to allow admin to approve before 14 years 7 months ago #8428

I have another idea.... Is there a way to have the form check to see if the email in the form is equal to a community builder user's email address in the database. If it is then go ahead and have the form send the email. If not then have the form send the admin an email that they need to approve the submission?

Thanks
The administrator has disabled public write access.

Read this first!

We do not monitor these forums. The forum is provided to exchange information and experience with other users ONLY. Forum responses are not guaranteed.

However, please submit a ticket if you have an active subscription and wish to receive support. Our ticketing system is the only way of getting in touch with RSJoomla! and receiving the official RSJoomla! Customer Support.

For more information, the Support Policy is located here.

Thank you!