Read this first!

We do not monitor these forums. The forum is provided to exchange information and experience with other users ONLY. Forum responses are not guaranteed.

However, please submit a ticket if you have an active subscription and wish to receive support. Our ticketing system is the only way of getting in touch with RSJoomla! and receiving the official RSJoomla! Customer Support.

For more information, the Support Policy is located here.

Thank you!

TOPIC: Admin Email issues and invalid input issues

Admin Email issues and invalid input issues 14 years 8 months ago #8404

Hi, I am using RSFormsPro 1.2.0 on Joomla 1.5.14.

I have two issues:

On a form on my site I ask the user to fill in a free-text box where they may list several items. If they list with commas the admin email submission is fine but if they list using their return key so each item is on a separate line, the admin email submission shows them all in one setence with no separation so its a bit hard to read. I have another form where there are 3 check boxes and the user can choose one, two or all three in their form however once again, if they choose more than one, the admin email submission that I receive does not separate the choices and as these are particularly long, it is very hard to read the email and work out where the choices begin and end. I'm sure its a simple change to code in the admin email are of the backend but I'm not sure where to start!

Second issue is with invalid input on a form, for example, if a user types the wrong captcha code or forgets to fill a field that is necessary. When the form refreshes showing what was invalid, the fields that were completed correctly initially are still filled in except the email field which now has a bunch of code in it (for privacy I have changed 'name' and 'domain' from the original text):
<script language='JavaScript' type='text/javascript'>  <!--  var prefix = 'ma' + 'il' + 'to';  var path = 'hr' + 'ef' + '=';  var addy64367 = 'name' + '@';  addy64367 = addy64367 + 'domain' + '.' + 'com' + '.' + 'au';  document.write( '<a ' + path + '\'' + prefix + ':' + addy64367 + '\'>' );  document.write( addy64367 );  document.write( '<\/a>' );  //-->\n </script> <script language='JavaScript' type='text/javascript'>  <!--  document.write( '<span style=\'display: none;\'>' );  //-->  </script>This e-mail address is being protected from spambots. You need JavaScript enabled to view it  <script language='JavaScript' type='text/javascript'>  <!--  document.write( '</' );  document.write( 'span>' );  //-->  </script>

These are minor issues and I could go on without fixing them but it would be nice, especially the second one which looks messy for the user. I'm happy for the form to empty completely and make the user fill it all in again if that is the only way to fix this but even that I'm not sure how to do!

Thanks in advance!
Attachments:
The administrator has disabled public write access.

Re:Admin Email issues and invalid input issues 14 years 7 months ago #8443

I'm also having trouble with the "second issue". A fix would indeed be welcome!

Re: Admin Email issues and invalid input issues 12 years 2 months ago #16402

I just found this forum post to deal with issue number 2: www.rsjoomla.com/forum/37-rsform-pro/576...rowing-up-error.html

and put the {emailcloak=off} into my article and I am no longer getting the issue.
Last Edit: 12 years 2 months ago by jennifer.gregory.

Read this first!

We do not monitor these forums. The forum is provided to exchange information and experience with other users ONLY. Forum responses are not guaranteed.

However, please submit a ticket if you have an active subscription and wish to receive support. Our ticketing system is the only way of getting in touch with RSJoomla! and receiving the official RSJoomla! Customer Support.

For more information, the Support Policy is located here.

Thank you!