Read this first!

We do not monitor these forums. The forum is provided to exchange information and experience with other users ONLY. Forum responses are not guaranteed.

However, please submit a ticket if you have an active subscription and wish to receive support. Our ticketing system is the only way of getting in touch with RSJoomla! and receiving the official RSJoomla! Customer Support.

For more information, the Support Policy is located here.

Thank you!

TOPIC: Recaptcha & Internet Explorer Error regarding DIVs

Recaptcha & Internet Explorer Error regarding DIVs 14 years 8 months ago #8384

Hi guys,

Whenever I put a recaptcha plugin on my form - I get errors in the backend and frontend.

Error details:
Webpage error details

Message: HTML Parsing Error: Unable to modify the parent container element before the child element is closed (KB927917)
Line: 0
Char: 0
Code: 0
URI: www.phillipstaylorbrown.com/administrato...=forms.edit&formId=3

Has anyone seen this before?

I just can't use the recaptcha plugin, but it looks loads better than the standard.

thanks in advance,

tony.
The administrator has disabled public write access.

Re:Recaptcha & Internet Explorer Error regarding DIVs 14 years 4 months ago #9220

I have the same issue. Only affects IE7. If anyone has a solution, please post.

This is the information at Microsoft:
http://support.microsoft.com/kb/927917#more_information

Excerpt

This problem occurs because a child container HTML element contains script that tries to modify the parent container element of the child container. The script tries to modify the parent container element by using either the innerHTML method or the appendChild method.

For example, this problem may occur if a DIV element is a child container in a BODY element, and a SCRIPT block in the DIV element tries to modify the BODY element that is a parent container for the DIV element.

For more information about this error, visit the following Microsoft Web site:
What Happened to Operation Aborted?
(http://blogs.msdn.com/ie/archive/2008/04/23/what-happened-to-operation-aborted.aspx)
Last Edit: 14 years 4 months ago by steve.desilets.
The administrator has disabled public write access.

Read this first!

We do not monitor these forums. The forum is provided to exchange information and experience with other users ONLY. Forum responses are not guaranteed.

However, please submit a ticket if you have an active subscription and wish to receive support. Our ticketing system is the only way of getting in touch with RSJoomla! and receiving the official RSJoomla! Customer Support.

For more information, the Support Policy is located here.

Thank you!