Read this first!

We do not monitor these forums. The forum is provided to exchange information and experience with other users ONLY. Forum responses are not guaranteed.

However, please submit a ticket if you have an active subscription and wish to receive support. Our ticketing system is the only way of getting in touch with RSJoomla! and receiving the official RSJoomla! Customer Support.

For more information, the Support Policy is located here.

Thank you!

TOPIC: Can RS Form Pro do this?

Can RS Form Pro do this? 14 years 9 months ago #8064

I need a Joomla 1.5 extension that will allow a user to submit a question via a text field, the back-end administrator can then sort submitted questions into specific pre-determined categories (such as general, support, etc) and publish it back onto the front end so that it is viewable in said category. The users of the site would then be able to read the questions browsing by category.

Anyone know if RS Forms can do this?

Thanks,
The administrator has disabled public write access.

Re:Can RS Form Pro do this? 14 years 6 months ago #8872

Actually, I think it can be accomplished with a little code hacking. In the form, where the user defines his/her question, have a hidden field defining the category. Let this hidden field be empty until someone has given it a value in the backend.

Then you can use mod_rsform_lists to display the entries in your front page but you will have to hack it to include only those submissions where the category has been assigned a value.

But in general, I think RSForm Pro is not the right tool for you. If only there was an easy way to define seach and sorting criteria in mod_rsform_lists to avoid having to modify the code but I have looked in vain for that.

Yours
Claus
The administrator has disabled public write access.

Read this first!

We do not monitor these forums. The forum is provided to exchange information and experience with other users ONLY. Forum responses are not guaranteed.

However, please submit a ticket if you have an active subscription and wish to receive support. Our ticketing system is the only way of getting in touch with RSJoomla! and receiving the official RSJoomla! Customer Support.

For more information, the Support Policy is located here.

Thank you!