Read this first!

We do not monitor these forums. The forum is provided to exchange information and experience with other users ONLY. Forum responses are not guaranteed.

However, please submit a ticket if you have an active subscription and wish to receive support. Our ticketing system is the only way of getting in touch with RSJoomla! and receiving the official RSJoomla! Customer Support.

For more information, the Support Policy is located here.

Thank you!

TOPIC: Problem with emails 'PHPMAILER_RECIPIENTS_FAILED'

Problem with emails 'PHPMAILER_RECIPIENTS_FAILED' 14 years 10 months ago #7949

First things first, I really like this extension, However I have a small problem that I need to fix before it can be used properly...

I'm struggling to set up the user email configuration. At the moment when I submit the form, the administrator email comes through no problem (the email address is on the same email server from where it is being sent) However, the user email doesnt send, all i get is an error saying ' This e-mail address is being protected from spambots. You need JavaScript enabled to view it - the emails that are coming up in the errors (where it is This e-mail address is being protected from spambots. You need JavaScript enabled to view it here for example) show fine and are valid email addresses, I just cant work out why it would send one to the administrator but not the user. - It obviously takes the email address from the user submitted form fine, but it just doesnt send!!

If anyone has any ideas that would be amazing. Thanks!

Paul
The administrator has disabled public write access.

Re:Problem with emails 'PHPMAILER_RECIPIENTS_FAILED' 14 years 5 months ago #9091

I have the same problem. Does anybody know how to solve it?

Thanks

Re:Problem with emails 'PHPMAILER_RECIPIENTS_FAILED' 14 years 5 months ago #9110

• bogdanc
  • Thank you received: 11
Hello,

If you do not receive emails while using RSForm! Pro please double check the placeholders that you use in the fields of the emails. Also please try using different email addresses in the From and To fields of the emails and that the placeholders return valid email addresses and that the manually typed email addresses are valid.

Re:Problem with emails 'PHPMAILER_RECIPIENTS_FAILED' 14 years 5 months ago #9116

Hi,

I have the same problem, and I did check the email addresses entered into the fields thoroughly. No matter which mail address I enter, whether it is an address coming from an input field or manually entered, all addresses generate the PHPMAILER_RECIPIENTS_FAILED error.

First I suspected the ISP to block email sending, but doing so with a simple PHP script which I wrote myself, the mail gets through.

What could be the blocking item?

Regards
Rudi

Re:Problem with emails 'PHPMAILER_RECIPIENTS_FAILED' 14 years 5 months ago #9123

• bogdanc
  • Thank you received: 11
Hello,

Please also double check the placeholders that you use in the User & Admin Emails. Also please note that RSForm! Pro is using the default Joomla! mail server and you can check if it's functioning correctly by creating a new Joomla! user, by doing so an email should be send.

Re:Problem with emails 'PHPMAILER_RECIPIENTS_FAILED' 14 years 5 months ago #9125

Thanks for the hint with the user-account.

I changed Joomla's mail settings (global config) from SMTP Server to PHP mail function. Now the mails get through.

Regards
Rudi

Re:Problem with emails 'PHPMAILER_RECIPIENTS_FAILED' 14 years 4 months ago #9459

• dkg11hu
  • Fresh Boarder
Same problem. SMTP is set to default. RSForms still attempts to use phpmail.

I do not reconfigure the email system as it ensures the most that the mails are delivered correctly from a trusted source.

RSForm should be set so that it can utilize SMTP.

All other applications send emails correctly via SMTP so mail config should not be the problem.

Re:Problem with emails 'PHPMAILER_RECIPIENTS_FAILED' 13 years 9 months ago #11074

hey guys i am having the same problem but if i change smtp server to php mail my other joomla mails are not working like in registration

help me out guys.....:dry: :dry: :dry: :dry:

Re:Problem with emails 'PHPMAILER_RECIPIENTS_FAILED' 13 years 8 months ago #11212

• lcba
  • Fresh Boarder
Did this ever get solved? Having the same problem?

Read this first!

We do not monitor these forums. The forum is provided to exchange information and experience with other users ONLY. Forum responses are not guaranteed.

However, please submit a ticket if you have an active subscription and wish to receive support. Our ticketing system is the only way of getting in touch with RSJoomla! and receiving the official RSJoomla! Customer Support.

For more information, the Support Policy is located here.

Thank you!