Read this first!

We do not monitor these forums. The forum is provided to exchange information and experience with other users ONLY. Forum responses are not guaranteed.

However, please submit a ticket if you have an active subscription and wish to receive support. Our ticketing system is the only way of getting in touch with RSJoomla! and receiving the official RSJoomla! Customer Support.

For more information, the Support Policy is located here.

Thank you!

TOPIC: Form validation converts email to non-valid email

Form validation converts email to non-valid email 14 years 10 months ago #7875

Hello.

I've got a problem with the form validation in the following scenario.

1) User enters all fields (including email address) on a form except for one required field (e.g. name)
2) The form is validated, recognises that there is a name missing, takes the user back to the form with the data that they have entered in place
3) The issue is, when this data goes back in the email address field is converted to javascrpt syntax (normally a spam prevention measure) in the format of
4) When unknowing user tries to re-submit form, the email validation kicks in because this field (despite being entered correctly by the user previously) now contains a load of javascript that doesn't validate

Not sure if this is an RSForm! problem or not? Any one able to help?

Thanks a lot.

Campbell
The administrator has disabled public write access.

Re:Form validation converts email to non-valid email 14 years 10 months ago #7882

• bogdanc
  • Thank you received: 11
Hello,

You can refer to this article in the documentation regarding this problem:

www.rsjoomla.com/customer-support/docume...s-are-messed-up.html

Regards!

Re:Form validation converts email to non-valid ema 14 years 10 months ago #7890

• sbaldwin
  • Fresh Boarder
I have the same problem! Two problems actually which render my forms useless! If Validation fails for any reason and user needs to go back to the form to make the correction they will see java script right inside the email field! Right now my forms are useless after my new upgrade (or from last upgrade). I can't tell you when the problems started as I just launched my new site and users were not getting a "thank you for submitting your request" message as I had Site Cache enabled. On the old version this was NOT a problem.

So now I'm stuck with 2 useless forms. My options are 1)turn-off Site Cache and get a funky code show up in my Footer (effects mod_footer) SEE THIS WITH SITE CACHE ON->Notice: Undefined variable: csite_name in /home/websterc/public_html/modules/mod_footer/mod_footer.php on line 30
2) un-install and put old version back up with hope it dosn't write over my exsisting forms. 3) get my money back and be done with the headaches 4)band-aid the problems on the new upgrade release(as admin suggests)by turing email cloaking OFF or for certain contect articles AND turning of site and System Cache to the form works to band-aid the poorly tested new upgrade release. Which I refuse to do by the way, as band-aid fixes(changing things to fix other problems for a temp fix) ALWAYS BREAKS something else.

So I hope Admin can tell me WHEN A NEW RELEASE WILL COME OUT to FIX these show-stopper problems OR What I should do (un-install and install my older version for now?) because I cannot use my forms right now on my newly launched website!!! NOT GOOD FOR ME! It's called "testing" before releasing your new upgrade to make sure it works.
Last Edit: 14 years 10 months ago by sbaldwin.

Read this first!

We do not monitor these forums. The forum is provided to exchange information and experience with other users ONLY. Forum responses are not guaranteed.

However, please submit a ticket if you have an active subscription and wish to receive support. Our ticketing system is the only way of getting in touch with RSJoomla! and receiving the official RSJoomla! Customer Support.

For more information, the Support Policy is located here.

Thank you!