Read this first!

We do not monitor these forums. The forum is provided to exchange information and experience with other users ONLY. Forum responses are not guaranteed.

However, please submit a ticket if you have an active subscription and wish to receive support. Our ticketing system is the only way of getting in touch with RSJoomla! and receiving the official RSJoomla! Customer Support.

For more information, the Support Policy is located here.

Thank you!

TOPIC: error on submission

error on submission 14 years 10 months ago #7808

• necser
  • Fresh Boarder
Every time the form is submitted, I get error:

Notice: Undefined property: JUser::$fullname in ...\components\com_rsform\controller\functions.php on line 1457

Any ideas how to fix?
Last Edit: 14 years 10 months ago by necser.
The administrator has disabled public write access.

Re:error on submission 14 years 10 months ago #7843

• alexp
  • RSJoomla! Official Staff
  • Thank you received: 180
Hello,

Please add a ticket to tech support regarding this issue.

Regards!
Please note: my help is not official customer support. To receive your support, submit a ticket by clicking here
Regards,
RSJoomla! Development Team

Re:error on submission 14 years 10 months ago #7887

• skacko
  • Fresh Boarder
Hey,
I have the same problem. In Joomla's menu I went to Components-RSForm!Pro-Configuration and under the Debug Mode clicked NO. Save. No more error (or actually, it is only a notice).

Now, I'm sure this is only a cover up solution, but does the 'notice' actually tell us to fix something because the submit calls a function that creates a problem somewhere else?
I didn't notice any problem with writing into database or reading from it.

necser: your answer once received from tech guys would be appreciated.

Great work
Cheers

Re:error on submission 14 years 10 months ago #7894

I'm having the same problem but Debug is already turned off. Let us know if you find a fix!!

Re:error on submission 14 years 10 months ago #7897

I got this reply to my support ticket request:

Bogdan Catana:
Hello,

Please update to the latest version of RSForm! Pro. If you already have the latest version of RSForm! Pro try applying the update again.

Regards!

I applied the update but still get the error when submitting forms. If anyone finds a solution to this problem, PLEASE post it here.

Re:error on submission 14 years 10 months ago #7903

• Oroshin
  • Fresh Boarder
I have the same problem. The problem occurs in IE and not in Firefox. I have RSFrom Pr v1.2.0 rev25.

Kind of sucks because majority of people use IE, and I have webinar coming up in 5 days and i will be losing potential leads...

Re:error on submission 14 years 10 months ago #7910

Oroshin,

That's interesting that you don't get the error in Firefox. I get it in both IE and Firefox.

Re:error on submission 14 years 10 months ago #7917

I have this problem too. Joomla 1.5.9 and RS Form Pro 1.2.0 r25
What is causing this?

Re:error on submission 14 years 10 months ago #7929

• Oroshin
  • Fresh Boarder
I just double checked in both IE and Firefox. These are the combination I tried:

Debug mode on for all

Firefox - Whole Process is executed, Information is captured, but get the error messages

IE6/8 - Process is not executed (pages sort of refreshes). No Information captured. No Error message because the process is not executed.

In the mean time I had to use my Getresponse till this is fixed.

Hope there is a solution to this bug soon, so I recommended it as part of my joomla course next weekend

Re:error on submission 14 years 10 months ago #7931

In my case, the form functions and submits fine with both IE and Firefox and with debug on or off. I just don't like having my users see the error message.

Re:error on submission 14 years 10 months ago #7944

• Oroshin
  • Fresh Boarder
Had my problem solved promptly by Alexandra. Now it works on IE and Firefox. There was some bug relating to certain servers, but he updated it and it works great now. (As to what was updated..I don't know =p, as long as it works)

Read this first!

We do not monitor these forums. The forum is provided to exchange information and experience with other users ONLY. Forum responses are not guaranteed.

However, please submit a ticket if you have an active subscription and wish to receive support. Our ticketing system is the only way of getting in touch with RSJoomla! and receiving the official RSJoomla! Customer Support.

For more information, the Support Policy is located here.

Thank you!