Read this first!

We do not monitor these forums. The forum is provided to exchange information and experience with other users ONLY. Forum responses are not guaranteed.

However, please submit a ticket if you have an active subscription and wish to receive support. Our ticketing system is the only way of getting in touch with RSJoomla! and receiving the official RSJoomla! Customer Support.

For more information, the Support Policy is located here.

Thank you!

TOPIC: Problem with recipients based on selection

Problem with recipients based on selection 14 years 10 months ago #7783

RSForm! Pro version 1.2.0 r24

I need to make a form that will CC to a particular person depending on which check box is selected. I've read and tried everything Here with no luck. Here is a sample of my code:
xyz@mailinator.com|California
abc@mailinator.com|Oregon

This form element is called "Locations". The code above are entered in "Items".

On my "Admin Emails" form in the CC area, I enter
{Location:value}
so the person associated with California will get CC'd if someone checks the California box.

I've tried it as a checkbox, radio button and drop-down menu and the same thing happens every time...

1. Nothing gets CC'd.
2. On the email to the Admin, the section for "Location" lists the email address, not the state that was checked.

Am I doing something wrong or is what I want to do not possible?
Last Edit: 14 years 10 months ago by dbzeroone.
The administrator has disabled public write access.

Re:Problem with recipients based on selection 14 years 10 months ago #7797

• bogdanc
  • Thank you received: 11
Hello,

1. If the field is called "Locations" then you have to enter:
{Locations:value}

NOT:
{Location:value}

2. If you enter:
xyz@mailinator.com|California

in the items box you will not be able to return the name of the state only the email address. You can customize the Email text so that the it will return to you a list with the emails and from which state they are so that it will be more clear to you. You can either use "|" and it will return the email address or you don't use it and it will return the state, to return them both is not possible.

Regards!
The administrator has disabled public write access.

Read this first!

We do not monitor these forums. The forum is provided to exchange information and experience with other users ONLY. Forum responses are not guaranteed.

However, please submit a ticket if you have an active subscription and wish to receive support. Our ticketing system is the only way of getting in touch with RSJoomla! and receiving the official RSJoomla! Customer Support.

For more information, the Support Policy is located here.

Thank you!