Read this first!

We do not monitor these forums. The forum is provided to exchange information and experience with other users ONLY. Forum responses are not guaranteed.

However, please submit a ticket if you have an active subscription and wish to receive support. Our ticketing system is the only way of getting in touch with RSJoomla! and receiving the official RSJoomla! Customer Support.

For more information, the Support Policy is located here.

Thank you!

TOPIC: Passing values between forms

Passing values between forms 14 years 10 months ago #7781

I am admitteldy a PHP hack, so please be gentle.

Here is my problem: I am trying to pass values from Form #1 to Form #2. Form #1 consists of a text box named 'firstname', and two select boxes named 'resservclass' and 'busservclass'. When I submit the form data, the value from the text box passes as expected. Unfortunately, the select box data does not. Instead of getting the selected value from Form #1, I get "Array".

In form # 1, I have the following code entered in the "On Form Process" box:
$_SESSION['firstname']=$_POST['form']['firstname'];
$_SESSION['resservclass']=$_POST['form']['resservclass[]'];
$_SESSION['busservclass']=$_POST['form']['busservclass[]'];

In form # 2, I have the following code in the default value of the hidden form elements that are holding the data:
//<code>return $_SESSION['form']['firstname'];//</code>
//<code>return $_SESSION['form']['resservclass'];//</code>
//<code>return $_SESSION['form']['busservclass'];//</code>

I can create a simple PHP script on my server, and it works fine...all values are passed appropriately. However, when I try to pass variables between two forms in RSForm, the SELECT boxes always have a value of "Array".

Any advice that can be given would be appreciated.
The administrator has disabled public write access.

Read this first!

We do not monitor these forums. The forum is provided to exchange information and experience with other users ONLY. Forum responses are not guaranteed.

However, please submit a ticket if you have an active subscription and wish to receive support. Our ticketing system is the only way of getting in touch with RSJoomla! and receiving the official RSJoomla! Customer Support.

For more information, the Support Policy is located here.

Thank you!