Read this first!

We do not monitor these forums. The forum is provided to exchange information and experience with other users ONLY. Forum responses are not guaranteed.

However, please submit a ticket if you have an active subscription and wish to receive support. Our ticketing system is the only way of getting in touch with RSJoomla! and receiving the official RSJoomla! Customer Support.

For more information, the Support Policy is located here.

Thank you!

TOPIC: User email not working

User email not working 14 years 10 months ago #7697

• Molly88
  • Fresh Boarder
Hi, I am aware there have been a number of posts with this problem but none have mentioned what I am experiencing so I am going to try to explain the occurrence and hope someone can come up with a solution for me.

After many hours of frustration,forum searching and trial and error, I have found that the Quick Add {Email :value} on my form has a space between the Email and the :value position but when dragging and dropping into the User Email the space is not there and consequently the User Email does not work, I receive no email notification of the form submission. However, if I add space between {Email :value} it works fine. I add the space and save but it reverts back to no space every time.

Out of the 29 questions on the form I have 9 questions with the same problem and they do not appear when exported, the others are fine.

It seems that I need to be able to refine the code or something but don't know where to do this or even if this is what is needed.

I would appreciate some assistance if possible please.
The administrator has disabled public write access.

Re:User email not working 14 years 10 months ago #7702

• bogdanc
  • Thank you received: 11
Hello,

Please make sure that the fields in your form don't contain spaces in their Names ( ex.: "Field1 " ). When you save the User and Admin Emails the spaces in the placeholders are deleted.

Regards!

Re:User email not working 14 years 10 months ago #7709

• Molly88
  • Fresh Boarder
Hi Bogdanc, Thank you for responding. It's so simple when you know how.

I hadn't realized that I had put spaces in, it just happened automatically and until your response to my post this was just not obvious to me. Couldn't see the forest for the trees as they say.

You support is really appreciated.

Regards

Read this first!

We do not monitor these forums. The forum is provided to exchange information and experience with other users ONLY. Forum responses are not guaranteed.

However, please submit a ticket if you have an active subscription and wish to receive support. Our ticketing system is the only way of getting in touch with RSJoomla! and receiving the official RSJoomla! Customer Support.

For more information, the Support Policy is located here.

Thank you!