Read this first!

We do not monitor these forums. The forum is provided to exchange information and experience with other users ONLY. Forum responses are not guaranteed.

However, please submit a ticket if you have an active subscription and wish to receive support. Our ticketing system is the only way of getting in touch with RSJoomla! and receiving the official RSJoomla! Customer Support.

For more information, the Support Policy is located here.

Thank you!

TOPIC: CPanel memory error alert

CPanel memory error alert 14 years 10 months ago #7644

• kapearl
  • Fresh Boarder
Each time (I think each time) the contact form is used, it generates an error message in my cpanel.

Sun Jun 14 12:13:13 2009] [error] [client 158.50.556.296] ALERT - script tried to increase memory_limit to 134217728 bytes which is above the allowed value (attacker '173.50.146.244', file '/home/user/public_html/components/com_rsform/submissions.class.php', line 14), referer: http://www.......

I have problems with forms not being sent sometimes which may be related to this error. I just upgraded today and tried again and still get the errors. I got 6 of the same error above just now for using the contact form one time.

Is this something to be concerned about and does this effect the script performance? I think just visiting the page causes the alert. I just received the test email, so it seems ok but i know sometimes the form page just refreshes with no error indication and no email recieved.
The administrator has disabled public write access.

Re:CPanel memory error alert 14 years 10 months ago #7654

• bogdanc
  • Thank you received: 11
Hello,

This is an error that doesn't affect in any way your scripting or forms. It is generated due to your server settings that don't allow you to put memory limits.

Regards!

Re:CPanel memory error alert 14 years 10 months ago #7725

• kapearl
  • Fresh Boarder
Oh, good. Thanks for the reply :)

Read this first!

We do not monitor these forums. The forum is provided to exchange information and experience with other users ONLY. Forum responses are not guaranteed.

However, please submit a ticket if you have an active subscription and wish to receive support. Our ticketing system is the only way of getting in touch with RSJoomla! and receiving the official RSJoomla! Customer Support.

For more information, the Support Policy is located here.

Thank you!