Read this first!

We do not monitor these forums. The forum is provided to exchange information and experience with other users ONLY. Forum responses are not guaranteed.

However, please submit a ticket if you have an active subscription and wish to receive support. Our ticketing system is the only way of getting in touch with RSJoomla! and receiving the official RSJoomla! Customer Support.

For more information, the Support Policy is located here.

Thank you!

TOPIC: Skip Logic support?

Skip Logic support? 15 years 1 week ago #7227

• aravot
  • Fresh Boarder
Does RSForm Pro support skip logic, that is show fields only when specific option is selected.

And set minimum and maximum checkbox selection option, example I have 10 checkboxes but only want to limit selection of three.
The administrator has disabled public write access.

Re:Skip Logic support? 14 years 10 months ago #7755

• dmmsmith
  • Fresh Boarder
I would also like to know how to set a limit to the number of checkboxes one can select.

I have found several scripts on how to do this on the internet but not sure how to integrate it into RSform.

For example, this page below has pretty clear and consise instructions on how to do this but I have not idea how to make it happen!

http://www.javascriptkit.com/script/script2/checkboxlimit.shtml

Is this something someone can explain easily?

Re:Skip Logic support? 14 years 4 months ago #9175

Hi!
I also need to limit the amount of selection of my checkboxgroup. Did you get any answer?

Kind regards,

nathalie

Re:Skip Logic support? 14 years 4 months ago #9197

• bogdanc
  • Thank you received: 11
Hello,

You can try placing a script similar to this in the Form Layout section:
<script type="text/javascript">
function limit(checkboxgroup, checkboxes, limit)
{
var count = 0;
for (var i=0; i<checkboxes; i++)
{
if (document.getElementById(checkboxgroup + i).checked)
count++;
}

if (count > limit)
{
alert('Pick only one');
return false;
}
return true;
}
</script>

After placing the script you should place in the Additional Attributes section of the Submit button a code line like this one:
onclick="return limit(name_of_checkbox_field, number_of_checkboxes, limit);"

Where you should change the value "name_of_checkbox_field" with the name of your checkbox field, the value "number_of_checkboxes" with the number of checkboxes which you have in your field and the value "limit" with the limit of checkboxes which should be selected.
Last Edit: 13 years 3 months ago by alexp.

Read this first!

We do not monitor these forums. The forum is provided to exchange information and experience with other users ONLY. Forum responses are not guaranteed.

However, please submit a ticket if you have an active subscription and wish to receive support. Our ticketing system is the only way of getting in touch with RSJoomla! and receiving the official RSJoomla! Customer Support.

For more information, the Support Policy is located here.

Thank you!