Read this first!

We do not monitor these forums. The forum is provided to exchange information and experience with other users ONLY. Forum responses are not guaranteed.

However, please submit a ticket if you have an active subscription and wish to receive support. Our ticketing system is the only way of getting in touch with RSJoomla! and receiving the official RSJoomla! Customer Support.

For more information, the Support Policy is located here.

Thank you!

TOPIC: Resizing TinyMCE editor

Resizing TinyMCE editor 15 years 1 month ago #6903

• jacks88
  • Fresh Boarder
I use JApurity template, which has 3 columns. In my forms, the editor heading and textbox are too wide and spread into my right hand column. I've searched and found a bunch of code snippets that are supposed to either resize the editor or make it fit within the content when used in an article. I've placed each of them at the bottom of my template css file as instructed, but nothing works. Does anyone know how to narrow the width or autofit it? (the various snippets I tried are listed below) --Jack

tinyMCE.init({
mode : '...',
init_instance_callback : 'resizeEditorBox'
});

tinyMCE.init({
auto_resize : true
});

.mceToolbarTop * {
float:left;
}
.mceToolbarTop select {
width:auto!important;
}
.mceToolbarTop option {
float:none;
}

textarea.inputbox{
}

#tbx_textEditorContent_tbl {
width: 100%;
}
Last Edit: 15 years 1 month ago by jacks88.
The administrator has disabled public write access.

Re:Resizing TinyMCE editor 15 years 1 month ago #6905

• jacks88
  • Fresh Boarder
Correction:
Putting the following code into the template.css lets the editor resize when using TinyMCE with the default joomla article submission template. However, it does nothing to the editor when using RSforms with the editor function. Is RS not calling TinyMCE or do I need to add the snippet to an RSforms file?
Jack

.mceToolbarTop * {
float:left;
}
.mceToolbarTop select {
}
.mceToolbarTop option {
float:none;
}
The administrator has disabled public write access.

Read this first!

We do not monitor these forums. The forum is provided to exchange information and experience with other users ONLY. Forum responses are not guaranteed.

However, please submit a ticket if you have an active subscription and wish to receive support. Our ticketing system is the only way of getting in touch with RSJoomla! and receiving the official RSJoomla! Customer Support.

For more information, the Support Policy is located here.

Thank you!